Getting REALLY discouraged!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been done!! MY POOR TANK!!

View attachment 65511

EDIT:

I'm not making this up. Do you think the fish know that the mean guys are out of the tank? I'm watching the tank with my wife and there out more now. Playing and swimming around. Is it possible?

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
It has been done!! MY POOR TANK!!

EDIT:

I'm not making this up. Do you think the fish know that the mean guys are out of the tank? I'm watching the tank with my wife and there out more now. Playing and swimming around. Is it possible?

Ohh HECK YEAH!!! When I take bullies outta my tank there is INSTANT relief!!!
Sorry bout the tank, happy about the peace!
Good luck hon!

Putting tank back together....

UGH!! And elections tonight for fire chief!! I'm running again, going for a seventh year!!!

This tank has me bummed out! Hope comes out ok and I hope I win the election!!

I'll be back later!!

Thank you all for all your help!! You are all truly my friends!! :)

Good luck!! I would vote for you haha. The tank will turn out better then it was in the begining im sure

Personally, if you're going to add more fish of the types you want to keep in order to reduce aggression (i.e. overstocking), I wouldn't put the tank back to normal until you are ready to add the new fish. This will force your old fish to reestablish territories (assuming you set it up slightly different), and will increase the survival rate of the new introductions.

Wy Renegade said:
Personally, if you're going to add more fish of the types you want to keep in order to reduce aggression (i.e. overstocking), I wouldn't put the tank back to normal until you are ready to add the new fish. This will force your old fish to reestablish territories (assuming you set it up slightly different), and will increase the survival rate of the new introductions.

I'm in a meeting for fire chief elections. I didn't do my tank yet. Got 6 more Africans. 2 yellow labs, 2 orange zebra's and 2 electric blues. John picked them out for me and dropped them off. I'm still in the meeting for elections for fire chief and officers.

I'm gonna re do the tank when I get home. I won't be able to sleep. This election is crazy. Keep your fingers crossed!!

I'll be back later.

Now I'm having my first experience with aggression...with guppies!!! I bought two more male guppies for my guppy/molly tank, and against my better judgement, my daughter begged me into a new yellow lyretail molly. The guppies were intent on killing the new fish. I had to move it over to my incredibly overcrowded 20 gallon, but at least it's not getting picked on over there.

It is incredibly frustrating to watch that happening...I feel for you:(

Convict2161 said:
Thanks everyone!! I'm in!! Chief for another 2 years!!! I also finished doing my tank. So... I'm nervous. What do you think?

Looks good!!! Haha yes, def ocd right? Lol i lile the new additions...closeups soon;)

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
Thanks!!! :) :)

Here are some more pics with different lighting. I was able to reconstruct my tunnel!!

So you really like it better? :)

I kept all the driftwood together and tried to break up the Cichlid stones by throwing in real rocks with it.

Looks way better!! Seriously, i bet it was tough to reconstruct. Congrats on fire chief too btw:D

Haha cool! I do like it better because before it used to be cichlid stones on both sides, right? Now it looks differant on te right side, i like it better

Gboy66 said:
Looks way better!! Seriously, i bet it was tough to reconstruct. Congrats on fire chief too btw:D

Yeah it was tough! And thanks!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha cool! I do like it better because before it used to be cichlid stones on both sides, right? Now it looks differant on te right side, i like it better

Yeah had Cichlid stones on both sides. Still do but I threw in a bunch of real rocks and slate in with the Cichlid stones on the right to help distract from them. Guess it worked!! ;)

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Secondly, it looks fabulous!!
Now sit back and enjoy your handy work, you deserve a break!

Back
Top Bottom