Hello from a Newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtInducedComa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello from Chattanooga, Tn. I'm a complete novice to the hobby. I am currently piecing together my first 10 gallon freshwater tank. Still undecided on what to stock it with or whether or not to go the planted route. I have been doing tons of research the past week and will hopefully be purchasing the tank, air pump, sponge filter, and heater this weekend. Wish me luck!

Welcome to the addiction! It only grows from here.

There's a lot of beautiful fish you could house in a ten gallon. Have you seen celestial pearl danios? They're gorgeous fish and I've heard they're easy to care for. They might be worth looking into at the very least.

Personally I would go low tech, low light planted to begin with. Then, as your knowledge grows, you can up the lighting and tech and get more species of plants if you should desire to. I never did this and I deeply regret it. Planted tanks make for beautiful aquatic worlds.

Thanks for the friendly welcome! My options just expanded since my wife made me a deal. She's giving me space on the entertainment center for a 20 gallon tank if I mount the tv on the wall like she's been asking me to do for weeks haha!

Have you seen celestial pearl danios? They're gorgeous fish and I've heard they're easy to care for. They might be worth looking into at the very least.

I just learned about these today on the forum! They are gorgeous and they're definitely an option I'm considering. Now that I've got a larger tank I'm definitely going the low tech planted route.

Back
Top Bottom