help-cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA!

Did you just turn on the light? We are going to need more details to anwser this (What are the water parameters? Did you cycle your tank? Was he just added?)

what kind of cichlid do you have? There are literally thousands. This could be normal behavior. Also, the questions Tyler asked need to be answered as well.

well, its a jack dempsey cichlid, about 1 year old...just added to the tank, but the tank was made just for him....it becomes super active when the light is off, and the pleco as well...but as soon as the lights come on so i can enjoy my aquarium, they freeze dont do anything. i try to leave the light on as much as posible, so they might get used to it but over the past week it just hasnt worked. 55 gallon tank.

My jaguar did the same thing when i first moved him into my larger tank with much brighter lighting, i just built him a nice cave and slowly kinda broke him into it. Hes fine now sits at the top and waits tp be fed when i walk in the room.

Back
Top Bottom