HELP I don't understand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napacook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441109640.941652.jpg

Ammonia is 0 and nitrite is 2.0 I don't understand we did a 80% water change about 3 days ago as ammonia was 1.0 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441109733.034254.jpg

What can I do to get this down [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you provide a little history behind this tank please? The more we know about it the more likely we can find out what went on.

Perhaps check your source water for nitrites.

also 1ppm ammonia converts in to approximately 2.7ppm nitrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've cycled for 3 weeks (fishless)the tank is around 6weeks old I have around 20 fish mollies guppies swordfish clown loach and bearded platy
Also there is 8 planted plants I use co2 once every 2 weeks also 30% water change weekly
I feed the fish 2x a day
We have an external filter which we have cleaned once since we have had it
Tank measurements
Length 39 1/2 inches
Hight 20 inches
Width 15 3/4 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like your tank wasnt fully cycled. Just rock out with 50% water changes instead of the 30% and feed oncenper day rather than twice.

Only feed once a day, freshwater fish don't need that much food. And btw eventually your clown loach will get to like 14" long.

You seemed to add a lot of fish in a short time. The tank is probably not able to cope with all the bioload increase. So, ammonia will spike until the bacteria multiply sufficiently.

I would do a decent sized WC every few days until everything is normal.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom