HELP! Kevin's New Saltwater Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use one it works okay but I'm always adjusting something on it or cleaning the air intake or it won't work. It does is job

I looked it up mine must be an older version my pump is a little different and the bracket doesn't have a spot for the check valve. I have never used a skimmer I'm gonna have to figure it out

Ok where should I put the pump for the skimmer. If I put it on the sands won't it suck the sand up? The pic he sent me of when he had it set up looks like it is about the middle of the tank do I put it on a rock or something?

You don't need a check valve on a skimmer. The skimmer pump should be fine just hanging there. I would try to hide it behind the rock though.

Should I buy plexiglass for a loud on it? The previous person didn't use a top he just set the light on it and the light was full of salt

I'm in the same boat with my tank. Bought a 75 gallon a d it was filthy. Not as bad as yours. Cleaned out the tank and sump. Sanded and primered the stand. While cleaning the tank some of the edges of silicone you could peak if you wanted. Mainly where the overflow is caulked in. It holds water and doesn't leak a bit. Should I redo the silicone or is it good. I still have water in it cause I heard its bad to leave them dry for long periods. Sorry for the rant, not trying to steal the thread. Lol

Here is the stand I just built with 2 - 2x4x8 , 4 - 1x4x8, 2 - 1x10x6 and a box of 2" decking screws

ForumRunner_20130116_190400.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_190412.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_190430.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_190451.jpg

Covered with a black twin sized sheet

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130116_190335.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_190335.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20130116_190346.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_190346.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 82
Looks good man. And it sounds like you got a decent deal on your tank. Especially of you don't have to buy much

I have to buy 1 new compact bulb. A hydrometer , salt, thermometer , a test kit. And I think I'm ready to start as long as I don't have to reseal
the tank

The manufacturer of stealth heaters is sending me a new one because of the recall

Good deal. I'm still out a little before I start mine. Need rock, sand, and I have two lights I'm planning on purchasing. May just reseal the tank so I don't have any worries. Haven't decided yet

Yeah I'm wondering ifI should reseal mine. It isn't leaking. And I don't know if the rock and sand I have is good yet gonna take a brush and water to the rocks

Back
Top Bottom