Help me start a new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noticed tiny little white dots on afew of my new fish today which wasnt there yesterday and is obviously itch so i went to the lfs after work anf got some treatment :( glad ive caught it early though. I had to take the carbon filter sponge out and hope i dont get an ammonia spike...

Ill be doing a 30% water change every second day. And treating it for 2weeks. Poor little guys.

Noticed tiny little white dots on afew of my new fish today which wasnt there yesterday and is obviously itch so i went to the lfs after work anf got some treatment :( glad ive caught it early though. I had to take the carbon filter sponge out and hope i dont get an ammonia spike...

Ill be doing a 30% water change every second day. And treating it for 2weeks. Poor little guys.

Oh god sorry to hear that :-(
It must be awful you get new fish and you really happy with them theb they get sick,hope treament goes ok hun

Sorry to hear that. It's always frustrating to have a fish illness. If they pull through you should post a pic of your new fish!

Sorry to hear it. It's best to quarantine new fish first. You can treat Ich with just heat; raise the heat slowly to 86 over the course of a couple of days. Add the air stone again as higher temps mean less oxygen in the water. Do a 50% water chanage with gravel vac every couple of days to suck up the ich spores as they fall from the fish. Within 4-5 days the spots should disappear. Continue treatment for another week after the spots are gone. Some fish, like Corys, can't tolerate some of the Ich meds (copper, etc) or salt, so using just heat should work and is often safer than meds. Good luck.

Not happy at all. 3 of the fish now have white dots all over them. Ive upped the temp of the tank but going to use my meds too. On the lable it says it safe for my filter. Im annoyed, i thought my harliquins were acting strange to be honest and theyre are infested with ich, not just afew spots. Lots

Update. My harliquins are looking much happier!! All the dots apart from afew are gone. Im still treating the tank though.. Mmm my parametres are reading 0 which is great. Ill carry on until day 8 where ill do a nice water change and start the treatment again for one more week. I cant and wont let one of those ***** survive!!

Ps. My anubias has doubled in size since it went in. And my ferns are sprouting all over.

Update. My harliquins are looking much happier!! All the dots apart from afew are gone. Im still treating the tank though.. Mmm my parametres are reading 0 which is great. Ill carry on until day 8 where ill do a nice water change and start the treatment again for one more week. I cant and wont let one of those ***** survive!!

Ps. My anubias has doubled in size since it went in. And my ferns are sprouting all over.

Good news,im pleased its working out ok .....good news on plants ive just added a new anubias in my tank my 1st anubias :) it has lovely green leaves on.
Now i only have to sort out my really low ph and ammo spike then i can go get my crowntail betta i want,so looking forward to getting him :)

Clusters of eggs in my tank. Ive just bought a breeder net and put the eggs in it. Weather theyre fertile i dont know but we shall see:) dunno what im going to do with the fry if they hatch though.. Give them to my lfs or wait until march for a bigger tank. Im thinking a juwel vision 260 full of tetra and corys.

Clusters of eggs in my tank. Ive just bought a breeder net and put the eggs in it. Weather theyre fertile i dont know but we shall see:) dunno what im going to do with the fry if they hatch though.. Give them to my lfs or wait until march for a bigger tank. Im thinking a juwel vision 260 full of tetra and corys.

Wow eggs already,hope they go ok good look with them hun :)

Yeah. Not the first time. It happend a couple of weeks ago but they got eaten really quickly. This time ive managed to save them. At least my fish must be confortable enough in the tank to lay eggs. The ich is 99% gone. There are no more spots on my fish but need to make sure. I still want to keep treating the tank but i worried if it will effect the possible fry.

Yeah. Not the first time. It happend a couple of weeks ago but they got eaten really quickly. This time ive managed to save them. At least my fish must be confortable enough in the tank to lay eggs. The ich is 99% gone. There are no more spots on my fish but need to make sure. I still want to keep treating the tank but i worried if it will effect the possible fry.

Glad to hear most if ich has gone and hope fry go ok :)

What fish have laid the eggs ?

Just found maybe the most beautiful planted tank ive ever seen guys and had to share. Filmed in HD too.

Youtube. Juwel rio 180 update 13/01/12

Truthfully amazing. I almost bit the back of my hand.

Just bought a juwel rio 180. Picking it up tomorrow. Thought id put a pick of my tank up like requested weeks ago, sorry. Ich has gone from my tank. Doing the last 6 day cycle treatment.

Oh and those eggs turned out to be snail eggs grrrr. Lol

ForumRunner_20121220_154806.jpg

Just bought a juwel rio 180. Picking it up tomorrow. Thought id put a pick of my tank up like requested weeks ago, sorry. Ich has gone from my tank. Doing the last 6 day cycle treatment.

Oh and those eggs turned out to be snail eggs grrrr. Lol

Looks good,nice tank and a new 180 on the way !!! Ha ha lol about snail eggs cos tht happened to me once thought my cories had laid eggs and it was snail ones lol,so ya not on ya own ;-)

Almost bought the 300 but told myself im moving too quickly. Ive only had my little tank up and cycled for a month. Its Lucky i bought the breeder net because i really dont want to be over run with snails.

Almost bought the 300 but told myself im moving too quickly. Ive only had my little tank up and cycled for a month. Its Lucky i bought the breeder net because i really dont want to be over run with snails.

Yeah they can quickly populate the tank,mine did them type tend come in on plants,i didn't mind having a few cos my daughters musk turtles eats aquatic snails as one of his live foods ;-)

Back
Top Bottom