Help stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 banana 2 arc and 1 vallisneria. All growing really well so far. I just have to find a rock to attach the arc's to so they hold better

That's basically what I put in last night. I'm Gna put more in today and try to mash up the other food with a hammer or something to make It smaller

Either of those would be great w labs! I have a couple flavus now. I would order a group of each!

My only prob is that the labs are less than an inch big and daves rare fish are 1.5 - 2 inches already. Id have to let my fish grow unless there's another good site

That's fine to add. Just request some of smaller ones. They'll cooperate with u when u order. Either way its not an issue. I just added 1.5 to 2 in fish today with some that are pushing 4 and lots other that are in between.

Gotcha. Everyone keeps making them seem like there vicious. I had an oscar who I used to feed fish bigger than these guys so I was worried

So I'm already having signs of a green algae bloom. I just turned on my uv filter and I'm going to start leaving the light on less. I can't do too much less tho for my plants

Can I just say, I love the green light in the cave. I might look into a few little color LEDs for my tanks to leave on at night. What's a good brand to look at and what's a good color to leave on at night aside from red. Or maybe a color changing one. Can anyone make a suggestion that not to pricey for me to look into? Also I love the combination of cichlids you have going on. There really shouldn't be much aggression which is nice. Keep us posted on your algae bloom. No one loves algae :) great tank!

I used my hydor light. I took it off my decoration and out it in the cave. They love it and it makes my ceiling look like a fish tank at night. You see the green on the ceiling and the fish swimming infront. I've had it for over a year and the light is still perfect. I dno bout a color changer. I think it becomes to tacky. My theme is to make it as real as I can in the tank so if I get a light green makes it have a really nice glow inside

Yea it looks good. I like the idea of the ceiling, that's gotta look good. Pretty smart mate. And what I meant by a color changer is one that you can pick the color. But thanks to you I might be looking into getting one :) lol

Nop as long as I can see the fish I'm happy. I'm hoping it will just fix itself sinces a reasonably new tank

Back
Top Bottom