How does my new 10 gallon iwagumi aquascape look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it is looking awesome, I have had really good growth with my DHG Belem, whic is odd since it grows so slow. But it's doing really good! And lol I know the feeling, I really wanted shrimp so I went and set up a new 10g and got a bunch of little painted fire reds to start a colony haha

Yeah it is looking awesome, I have had really good growth with my DHG Belem, whic is odd since it grows so slow. But it's doing really good! And lol I know the feeling, I really wanted shrimp so I went and set up a new 10g and got a bunch of little painted fire reds to start a colony haha

Nice! I wish i could just go get a tank but as you see in my signature i dont think my parents would let me. I think they just hate watching me put so much $ into these things.

Just put the biowheel in my 36 gallon tank so when i start the cycle in my 10 gallon it cycles quicker.

Attachments

• image-1503484892.jpg
    image-1503484892.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 135
Okay so Im going to start ordering anything I need for the tank now. I am ordering a glass Co2 diffusor for my DIY Co2 (if you know of a good one let me know). I have ferts, light, filter, and Im going to go buy the sponge prefilter at petsmart soon. Is there anything else I should order while Im at it? Oh and im not trying to spend a fortune. Im a jobless 15 year-old so those ADA ferts and Co2 diffusers are out of my price range.

I got an aquatek 3 in 1 diffuser off of amazon and it works great. I would recommend buying a co2 indicator if you use any type of co2.

Howlong do I need to keep my filter in my other tank until it get all the beneficial bacteria needed?

Holy cow! For a music note Co2 diffuser, Co2 checker, and the liquid for the Co2 checker its going to cost around $30! Ill have to start saving up! I also want some sort of pressurized Co2 system but those are also pretty pricey, even the paintball ones. Im such a cheapskate. Well that the life of a jobless 15 year-old aquarist haha!

Holy cow! For a music note Co2 diffuser, Co2 checker, and the liquid for the Co2 checker its going to cost around $30! Ill have to start saving up! I also want some sort of pressurized Co2 system but those are also pretty pricey, even the paintball ones. Im such a cheapskate. Well that the life of a jobless 15 year-old aquarist haha!

Yeah dude for my music note diffuser, drop checker, bubble counter (all glassware) it was around $100 plus shipping - lily pipes were another $80...expensive hobby huh?? Lol. My pressurized CO2 cost about $200 total for a 5lb system...put its paying off!!

Maybe I wont get anything fancy. Ill wait untill i get a nice GLA rimless or something to start dropping that kind of money. If I can get that kind of money haha.

Decent, it isnt growing amazing like yours :( not sure why. I thought that some of the dead pieces of the DHG were from melting because I put too much flourish in the bottle. So now Im just spraying it with strait water. Not sure what else to do, kinda feeling let down...

image-1348748761.jpg

Well it looks pretty good from this angle lol.

Attachments

• image-1737263831.jpg
    image-1737263831.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 91
Hey, don't get discouraged yet man. Just let it all get rooted and get going. Mine maybe growing so fast because of the high powered light only 10" above it lol. I added 2 capfuls of excel into about a 20oz spray bottle and mine have been doing fine, so i am not sure...try comparing it now to when you first planted it and see the differences. I bet it has grown a lot since then, you just cant see it :)

Because it is grass lol. When are you flooding the tank I'm growing anxious:(

Atleast one more week so the filter can grow some BB. I would also like the grass to fill in a little more but Im not sure how much longer Im going to be able to wait. I also want to flood it soon.

Yeah I am not as anxious to flood mine, because I will have to connect the CO2, start dosing ferts, blah blah blah and a bunch of work and I'm lazy lol. Oh well it will have to get flooded some time! But yeah, this is a really nice looking tank man. I'm sure it will get going soon and look phenomenal!

Back
Top Bottom