How stocked is your tank using AqAdvisor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After my amano shrimp arrive in a couple of days, my stock should be:

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 161%.
Recommended water change schedule: 27% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 94%.

I have a 29 gallon tank with the following:

8 - Harlequin Rasboras
4 - Panda Corycats
2 - German Blue Rams
1 - Pearl Gourami
2 - Otos
2 - Nerite Snails
7 - Amano Shrimp
4 - Platies

Well that link doesn't give you the option for a sump or pump flow so a bit pointless for people with larger tanks

There's an option to define your own filter by specifying the gph rating of it. Unless you're using a low flow rate filtration system then you should still be able to use it. Either way, the filtration calculations are optional, so you can still use the stocking calculator without it.

There's an option to define your own filter by specifying the gph rating of it. Unless you're using a low flow rate filtration system then you should still be able to use it. Either way, the filtration calculations are optional, so you can still use the stocking calculator without it.

Don't see a option to add a 200 gal sump

Don't see a option to add a 200 gal sump
There's no need to. Just enter the total volume of the whole system. I think going by the footprint of the DT, but the total system volume of both DT and sump should give a pretty good stocking estimate.

Well that would be 1200 gal with sump tank size 96 long 72 wide 36 tall with a flow rate of 17,000 gal per hour

1 x Asian aro
1 x tigrinus cat
1 x datnoid pulcher
6 x tin foil barbs
6 x rays it said motoro so that what I clicked

Maybe I was just rubbish at it give it a go if you have time

Thanks in advance

Well that would be 1200 gal with sump tank size 96 long 72 wide 36 tall with a flow rate of 17,000 gal per hour

1 x Asian aro
1 x tigrinus cat
1 x datnoid pulcher
6 x tin foil barbs
6 x rays it said motoro so that what I clicked

Maybe I was just rubbish at it give it a go if you have time

Thanks in advance

Looks like its working for me today. I plugged in your stats and here's what it says:

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 1433%.
Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 97%.

I got it to work although its a pita with a mobile app. 20g long moderately planted
Stocking: 43%
Filtration: 796%
WCs: 13% / week
I could not find longfin blue danios so I used zebra danios. Running two AC50s (one is primarily for CO2 distribution and contains floss so I should probably remove it from the calculation).

75g heavily planted

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 200%.Help on Filtration capacity
Recommended water change schedule: 36% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 104%. [Generate Image]Help on Generate Image

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks like its working for me today. I plugged in your stats and here's what it says:

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 1433%.

Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.

Your aquarium stocking level is 97%.

Like I thought no matter how big a tank is it's always close or over stocked

I think the filtration would let me over stock a little don't you lol

I take it the stocking level is based on adult size fish if so motoro get a 12" bigger than my rays

Thanks for doing it

The filtration capacity on aq advisor is a useless number. It really has no basis in actual usage and is really a novelty.

They also count stocking levels based off of the footprint moreso than the gallonage of the tank. Overall aqadvisor is a good rule of thumb.

Also I. Heavily planted tanks filtration nearly doubles. AQ does not take that into account. But yeah, great tool for rough idea. Common sense is key.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The filtration capacity on aq advisor is a useless number. It really has no basis in actual usage and is really a novelty.

They also count stocking levels based off of the footprint moreso than the gallonage of the tank. Overall aqadvisor is a good rule of thumb.

For the fish I keep footprint is far more important than gals

People always as is a 150 or other sizes large enough for rays
If the tank is very with but only 8" tall then yes it may be large enough
But if it's very tall but only 8" wide then no it's to small

This is why have always said you can't go on any chart app or rule when stocking a tank as many factors come into play only the owner know if it's overstocked by looking at it and doing water tests

No one has the right to say a tank is overstocked or not fish keeping is a learning game we lean from our time in the hobby and with people flaming people all the time I don't feel it helps

This wasn't all directed at you just the footprint comment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom