How to lose your hair in 29 gallons.My BC 29 build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question.

A few members and even iTank recommend putting the chaeto in the bottom of the media basket. The question is, is getting enough light? It seems it would get more light in the middle. Right now this is how I'm running my cube.

Chamber 1; heater and chem pure elite

Chamber 2; right side, inTank media basket with water flow director,Top,filter media, middle, purigen, and bottom chaeto.

Left side Tunze 900.

Chamber 3; nothing but pump Maxijet 1200 and stock filter pad with some floss stuffed in to help the filter pad from floating to the top.

Also is there anything anyone puts in chamber 1 or 2 that's different?

Seems like a pretty sweet set up and I'm very pleased with inTanks products and they get back to you via email very fast!!

I would recommend them.

Question.

A few members and even iTank recommend putting the chaeto in the bottom of the media basket. The question is, is getting enough light? It seems it would get more light in the middle. Right now this is how I'm running my cube.

Chamber 1; heater and chem pure elite

Chamber 2; right side, inTank media basket with water flow director,Top,filter media, middle, purigen, and bottom chaeto.

Left side Tunze 900.

Chamber 3; nothing but pump Maxijet 1200 and stock filter pad with some floss stuffed in to help the filter pad from floating to the top.

Also is there anything anyone puts in chamber 1 or 2 that's different?

Seems like a pretty sweet set up and I'm very pleased with inTanks products and they get back to you via email very fast!!

I would recommend them.

I use filter floss and Purigen in 1st chamber, stuff works wonders! In 2nd chamber i have a CPR SR2 protein skimmer and then just the filter pad and stock pump in chamber 3. The protein skimmer pretty much takes up all the space in chamber 2 but water is clear and water parameters are perfect!

Sounds good! So since I have the Tunze 900 and the media basket in chamber 2 I'll keep my setup the way I have it.

1. Chem pure elite

2. Media basket with 1. Filter, purigen an then chaeto.

3. The stock pump and pad.

Good to know, thanks!

Convict, check out reefcleaners.org to get your CUC. They got pretty good deals and a vast variety too including inverts. Pretty cool website

NyteGTI said:
the MJ1200 is perfect for the BC29. it should have come that way

Agreed!! Way better flow with the MJ1200

ReefChief said:
Good to know, thanks!

Convict, check out reefcleaners.org to get your CUC. They got pretty good deals and a vast variety too including inverts. Pretty cool website

Will do thanks...

imho reefcleaners gives you WAAAAYYY too many for the nano CUCs. I mean look at what they suggest for his tank:
26 Dwarf Ceriths -
12 Nassarius -
11 Florida Ceriths -
6 Large & 5 Small to Medium Nerites -

thats a HUGE CUC. Stay local Dino. it may be a little more $$ but you'll save hair by not freaking out when your huge CUC starts dying off because there's not enough to eat in the tank.

NyteGTI said:
imho reefcleaners gives you WAAAAYYY too many for the nano CUCs. I mean look at what they suggest for his tank:
26 Dwarf Ceriths -
12 Nassarius -
11 Florida Ceriths -
6 Large & 5 Small to Medium Nerites -

thats a HUGE CUC. Stay local Dino. it may be a little more $$ but you'll save hair by not freaking out when your huge CUC starts dying off because there's not enough to eat in the tank.

Yea man I was reading that! I was like what are they gonna eat?! Eachother!! lol. I'll stick with John.

Just buy what you need, thats what i do. After being shocked at the first batch of CUC I got from reefcleaners I now just buy them as I want them. :) Still can't beat the price anywhere. lol

Just buy what you need, thats what i do. After being shocked at the first batch of CUC I got from reefcleaners I now just buy them as I want them. :) Still can't beat the price anywhere. lol

Yeah... Now I have the LED itch! NOT GOOD!! I can't find anything thats not like 600 bucks!!!

Convict2161 said:
Yeah... Now I have the LED itch! NOT GOOD!! I can't find anything thats not like 600 bucks!!!

Get the Eco exotic pro modules. 3 or 4 of those alone is enough to grow SPS or 2 along with current lights

Thanks for posting pics of your new components! I have a 29g Bio Cube too, and it's nice to see other peoples mods. I am definitely considering purchasing the same items. Keep us updated on the protein skimmer. I'm really interested in how well it works. :)

shelby2185 said:
Thanks for posting pics of your new components! I have a 29g Bio Cube too, and it's nice to see other peoples mods. I am definitely considering purchasing the same items. Keep us updated on the protein skimmer. I'm really interested in how well it works. :)

Your very welcome! :)

So far I like everything. One issue which was addressed ONLY through email which I don't like but that's the only way to get in touch with iTank.

The skimmer didn't fit with the media basket in like there YouTube video shows. Of you have watched it, it looks so easy right? lol well... It is after a few emails back and forth. The water line on the skimmer if you go by that then the upgraded cup hit the media basket so you have to raise the skimmer high enough so it doesn't hit. It works fine now.

Now they told me there's about a 2 week break in point. I've adjusted the skimmer several times already. You just have to fine tune it. At some points you do hear it, it sounds like a rush of air going through a tunnel.

But all and all I'm pleased with everything I bought.

I'll keep you posted.

Just on an update everyone. Things have been out on hold since the stuff going on with my other tank. My tank is cycling right now and had water tested today. Everything was good except nitrites are high. There are no fish in there and I have taken the shrimp cocktail out. I'm gonna do a small water change tomorrow but have no plans on moving forward with this until my African tank gets squared away.

Good call Dino.. one tank at a time brother. Let me know if you need anything. I've got a few frags for you when you're ready for them .. one hammer coral and one green trumpet both with multiple heads. GL with the african tank. I've got fry if you need replacement fish :)

NyteGTI said:
Good call Dino.. one tank at a time brother. Let me know if you need anything. I've got a few frags for you when you're ready for them .. one hammer coral and one green trumpet both with multiple heads. GL with the african tank. I've got fry if you need replacement fish :)

Thanks Ryan! I'll be in touch... Got get a handle on this tank man... I even spoke with a vet who has been breeding Africans since he was in his 20's! Cool guy, said if I lose another one drop it off and him or a staff member will try and determine exactly what it is.

Back
Top Bottom