I get my 60 gallon tomorrow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You made it sound easy! I may have to give this a shot, and $11 is very affordable. Holidays really hurt my purse.

I actually have some marimo balls just hanging out in one of my 10 gallons. Though I really appreciate the offer. You have been very helpful. :)

I'll look that guy up on ebay later. I need to wait for payday even at $11.. I went overboard getting people things.

As an aside, a lady I work with complained today she is tired of her 36 gallon hexagon tank. I jokingly said she could give it to me and she asked when I could pick it up. It's raining tanks! I need a bigger house.

Only issue with it is that she has two cichlids in it. They really need a bigger space and I am not a huge fan of aggressive fish, though I find them very pretty. She doesn't even know what kind they are.. just said "one blue and one yellow". Assuming they are african cichlids. I'll have to post pics when I get them to maybe identify them so I can rehome them.

Sorry if i miss spelled somethin or it doesnt make sence i typed this all on my iphone
I got my eggs from a guy on eBay called jewelery ablazed he is a real nice guy my first batch I ordered never hatched and he sent me another order free of charge even though I didn't hatch them when I was suppose to. I got 50 eggs for $11 ( I think his prices went up due to the economic now tho) out of the 50 I have about 15 the size and with color like the one above and 4 more with no color yet.... To me thats not that bad since my LFS sells some dull colored ones for $12 a piece when I can raise these and get my money back selling them if I get to many...but I read it's hard to overcrowd these fish since in nature there is hundreds in small water puddles where they are found.
As for difficulty it's real easy tbh all I did was buy a small airstone and pump filled a 10 gallon tank with about 2 inches of water tossed in so
me nano Marino balls (If you would like some when/if you get some I would Be glad to send you a couple) tossed in a few bladder snails to clean the waste (also to breed for my yo yo loaches) and then just tossed on the container with eggs and they hatched FYI don't remove the dirt or move the fish and remove the water from where you hatched them because some hatch later then others I still have some being born even tho most hatched a few weeks ago. He also send some artimia shrimp eggs to hatch for food for them.

Last edited:
Yea I like cichlids there real nice but not all are mean like krib's like I have are not agressive and same with angels those are 2 cichlids I know of that are community fish friendly... She might have a lab and a jack Dempsey those are real nice but post pics us up when you get it :)

How are you getting that banana plant to grow on the piece of wood? Did you just tie the roots? do you have a CO2 injector?

No actually my driftwood had a indent on top and when I was placing the other banana plants I accidentally dripped that one into the tank and it fell into the I Small little hole on top of the wood. I thought it looked nice so I just left it there and now the actual root roots (banana shaped ones are just the main roots) actualy attached the plant to the top of the wood.
Yes I do have co2 in the tank. I bought a 20lb co2 tank for it.

Using a camera phone, so pardon the bad picture quality. I'm going to dig out my SLR soon.

These two look white but have a sparkly sheen to them.

img_1185940_0_b7098edab1a0df79c2399fb94af75afa.jpg

and I assume a black lace?

img_1185940_1_66c43f738fb14e8239b3638ad39ea2b0.jpg

Tomorrow I go fish store hopping. We're hitting two places an hour away near New Orleans and then going an hour away in the opposite direction to Mobile. Haha, should be fun. This friend of mine who started out as a fish customer has an insane amount of tanks. She recently bought a 36 tank system and is now ready to start stocking. She's nuts..and I'm jealous . I thought *I* had MTS!

Hopefully I find some local Rams, though. Really crossing my fingers on this one.

Sounds cool. Rams are amazing i got 2 think i showed you the pics of mine already right?

Hehe, it's ok. I like showing off my babies too. :)

i have a pair of rams also, and vic you inspired me. I just went out and bought 3 more banana plants. i hope one will grow into the log I am presently curing.

Okay, so after a long day of hunting around and calling places I ended up finding a grand total of one. Haha. Figures. However it ended up being local and the issue was that the Ram was a customer trade-in. The guy who had the fish had him in a 30 gallon tank with tiger oscars! Needless to say he is pretty torn up. As a result my fish dealer gave him to me for free. :)

img_1186208_0_217a12416d9bcdf7bcd10f988579f40c.jpg

However, he has a lot of black stripes on his sides.. is that likely from stress? I really want the little guy to make it.

Hope he makes it. What kind of ram is he? doesn't look like a German ram nor a gold ram.

That's what he claimed he is, though comparing pictures he doesn't seem to have the exact look. Up close he seems to have many of the characteristics, but he's so torn up and stressed out I can't quite put a fix on him. I'll try to get a better shot of him but having issues right now because my CF card reader broke and my good camera uses them.

Hope he makes it. What kind of ram is he? doesn't look like a German ram nor a gold ram.

Hmmm not sure what he is but I'm sure if he is resting on the bottom like that it's not a good sign

He was doing that off and on. You could tell by looking at him he was just stressed. He seems to be doing a lot better now, though.

Hmmm not sure what he is but I'm sure if he is resting on the bottom like that it's not a good sign

Back
Top Bottom