I get my 60 gallon tomorrow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, now that the horrible retail holiday season is mostly come to a close.. I have more days here and there to work on my fish.

I even managed to get $60 worth of gift cards to the pet store I work for(though I am sooo sick of them that it may not be for long, whole new story there), which I planned to put towards a canister filter.. ended up only paying $3 out of pocket for a fluval 305 because of the christmas money mixed with the gift cards... Of course, got it home and it didn't fit. Only thing I realllly hate about my tank so far is the lack of space underneath on the stand... I think when it was designed it was made for form and not function. Leaves me a little disappointed and may be something I replace someday. I tried alternatives by running it on the side.. but the placement of my tank is really inconvenient when it comes to the canister and I will have to put it on the backburner for now. I ended up just getting an ac70 as a secondary filter because they were on sale for $43.

My little ram is doing very well now. All the fishies seem to be very happy. I ended up getting a couple of Bolivian Rams, as well. I was hesitant to mix them as I wasn't sure of their compatibility, but it's been a while and they all seem to coexist well. I'll move them if any problems arise.

Had to give the angels to a friend of mine because one of them was eating the back fins off of my cardinals.. and these aren't bite sized cardinals, nor were the angels very large.. so it's just something I'd rather not have to worry about. I'm thinking I may just stick with Rams and assorted tetra's. Though I really want to add some middle/top color and haven't decided what to do. Will probably order some of those killifish eggs soon, though, so maybe that'll fix it. :D

Hope everyone has has a good holiday season and that if you weren't already gray or balding.. that you aren't any more so now. :)

Sounds like a you had a tough time.
And nice post pics of the rams when you can. Just watch out i heard if you have a female and don't have the same number of males so that they can pair up they will start fighting. Also weird that the angel was nipping cardinals if there not fully grown. And yay at you getting killies i found another site that has some nice killies i have bought from them great people. SILLY KILLIES--WE'RE SERIOUS ABOUT KILLIFISH there not shipping any right now due to holidays but will be back up soon

Funny, I was just browsing at places to buy them and saw that silly killies website.. couldn't find the guy you listed on ebay, though, got a link by any chance?

And I'm definitely keeping an eye out on the bolivian rams as far as aggression goes, but haven't been able to definitely figure out gender. None of them seem overly hostile.. other than an occasional head butt followed by a quick swim to their nearest plant or log to brood in silence.

As for the angels.. it was one specific angel but I didn't want to rehome him and then have to do the same to the other two after. They'll be happy, though. The friend that took them is a big angelfish freak.

Angels can be aggressive at any age or size. They are, after all, cichlids.

Angels can be aggressive at any age or size. They are, after all, cichlids.

Noted. I knew it was possible and pretty likely, though I've known people who got lucky and never had issues. I'm just not a fan of risking it. I just kind of gave in to peer pressure when I got them. I won't do that again, for sure.

Perhaps one day I will have an angel only tank.

I think my walls will eventually be covered.

They are a nice fish to keep.

And glad to hear you survived the holidays too!

Well hope they all do fine as for that guy i was talking about on ebay he no longer sells kilifish. :(

congrats on the tank, I got the same one at Petsmart. They had it on sale for $239. I couldn't pass that up, especially since I found the same tank and stand online for $1,299. I LOVE this tank, only I'm short and I'm unable to reach the bottom of the tank, so thankfully my honey is tall and has long arms to assist me. Right now mine is holding 3 adorable little Goldfish and soon I'm hoping to fill it up with another 3. Enjoy your tank!!!!!!

congrats on the tank, I got the same one at Petsmart. They had it on sale for $239. I couldn't pass that up, especially since I found the same tank and stand online for $1,299. I LOVE this tank, only I'm short and I'm unable to reach the bottom of the tank, so thankfully my honey is tall and has long arms to assist me. Right now mine is holding 3 adorable little Goldfish and soon I'm hoping to fill it up with another 3. Enjoy your tank!!!!!!

Good deal! I ended up paying $100 for it, but it was used. Not much, though, apparently. It'd been sitting in the garage for a few months apparently. Hey, their loss. :)

I know what you mean about the height, though. I have a step ladder I use to get down in there. Thank goodness for tank tops!

Back
Top Bottom