I need some new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishilover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had aquriums for the past 5 years but I bought fish and have had the same fish up untill today the last of my old stock died. I have a 40g tank that currently has 2 angels and 1 cory in it what else could I put in there that will get along with these fish? I'm like clown loaches but a 40g is to small isn't it? what else would work?

that was suppossed to say "I like clown loaches" not " I'm like clown loaches"

I would get some more corys so your one cory isn't lonely. How about a pair of rams or apistos?

What fish do you like?

IMO clown loaches would get too large since it's best to get quite a few of them.

I would avoid fish that are fast like danios....since angels are slow and the fast fish might freak them out. And avoid nippy fish like tiger barbs. Also avoid smaller tetras like neons as they could get eaten. But bigger non nippy tetras would work. Or maybe dwarf gouramis?

i would definitely get about 5 more cory's. 1 male dwarf gourami would be nice too... add some color. Check out my sig with angels, corys, gouramis, and more.
Serpae tetra's are cool and get along good with the angels.

Get feeder guppies, even if they get eaten, they are cheap and they are nice looking. The best is definetly a cross breed between fancy and feeders :p

What about this for my tank 2 angels, 4or 5 cories, 1or 2 Rams, and a school of somesort of tetras that the angels won't eat(How many tetras should I get)? are these numbers good pick if I should add 4 or 5 cories or 1 or 2 rams?
Thanks

2 angels = 12"
2 rams = 6"
6 corys = 12"

that's 30 inches of fish in a 40 gallon tank right? so i would say you definetly have room for a school of tetra's. I would suggest the serpae tetra's, i did a lot of looking around and they seem to be the best with the angels. they get about 1.5" so you could get 6 tetra's and that would be 9 more inches. 39 inches of fish.. Perfect

HTH.

btw.. my tank is slightly overstocked, i have similar fish, but i like your idea and think it would be a beautiful tank. and you could manage it without overstocking.

Back
Top Bottom