ID please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The top one looks like a albino zebra...Not sure about the sleek one on the bottom...WTH is a color african???LOL

mfdrookie516 said:
My opinion? I wouldn't add any until you figure out what's been going on lately... unless I missed something and you already did?

Nope and true haven't figured anything out yet. And that is exactly why I ask here first. So I don't make any other mistakes.

I wouldnt do peacocks in your tank...Idk man...Your tank just went thru the ringer. IMO give it a breather for a while. You can add fish later, you just have to reset them. Its not too hard.

Jmedic25 said:
I wouldnt do peacocks in your tank...Idk man...Your tank just went thru the ringer. IMO give it a breather for a while. You can add fish later, you just have to reset them. Its not too hard.

Ok will do... Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
The striped ones are actually Astatotalipia latifasciata sp. "zebra obliquidens"

I just added a male to my tank (all male 75g), and I have a book on them (Cichlids of Africa; Vol 1: Haplochromides), and it says this:

"... Best to have a small group of 2 or 3 males and double the females"

"... Aggression between males triggers hormonal urges geared towards reproduction"

"... Despite it's size, is relatively peaceful and social... Robust and distinct enough to be housed with other species from the Victorian basin"

"... Are not overly aggressive and can be easily housed with many of the smaller mbuna and Aulonocara from lake Malawi. For aquarists intending to enter the realm of Lake Vic cichlids [this one] may be ideal"

Mumma.of.two said:
The fish guy? Trying to make a sale!

Yeah the fish guy. I played stupid told him I was setting up a 55 gallon and wanted Cichlid's he had me set up with I think it ended up being about 45 Cichlid's of all shapes and sizes, 12 tiger barbs,a penguin 400, 2 air stones, 2 pumps, 2 heaters one on each side of the tank. No top needed. Some light fixture I never heard of but was 279.00 he said best light for cichlids as they need special lighting. An era of supplies, some black sand. At this point I said thank you I'll give all the info to my wife as its gonna be a Xmas present and got a card and his name.

Yeah right!!! That was such a joke.

man you should have ripped him a new one for being an idiot. "special lighting", no top, 45 cichlids in a 55G + tiger barbs.. cmon man

NyteGTI said:
man you should have ripped him a new one for being an idiot. "special lighting", no top, 45 cichlids in a 55G + tiger barbs.. cmon man

Yea I just looked at him an really didn't know what to say as I knew he was way off!! I liked the special lighting that was a nice touch! I should have said I wanna do 55 cichlids in a 55 1 per gallon and see what he said.

Convict2161 said:
Yeah the fish guy. I played stupid told him I was setting up a 55 gallon and wanted Cichlid's he had me set up with I think it ended up being about 45 Cichlid's of all shapes and sizes, 12 tiger barbs,a penguin 400, 2 air stones, 2 pumps, 2 heaters one on each side of the tank. No top needed. Some light fixture I never heard of but was 279.00 he said best light for cichlids as they need special lighting. An era of supplies, some black sand. At this point I said thank you I'll give all the info to my wife as its gonna be a Xmas present and got a card and his name.

Yeah right!!! That was such a joke.

ROFL! That's funny. Hate to think how many poor people he's sold that many fish to for an uncycled tank! Lucky you know better!!:) but special lighting really?! I think that's a new low for salesmen.

Back
Top Bottom