In Wall Reef Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad day...I was waiting all day for UPS to drop off four packages and they finally canceled delivery at 4:45 because of the snow. I drove to the UPS store to pick them up and they closed early! Ahh this sucks. Have to wait another day...

Picked up my RO/DI system from UPS this morning and I'm pretty excited. I just got it set up and all the lines ran. It's flushing the membrane for the next hour or so. My float valves should be arriving today. If they do, I'll get them set up on my containers and I'll be good to go!

This is after I got it out of the box.

24.jpg

Picked up my RO/DI system from UPS this morning and I'm pretty excited. I just got it set up and all the lines ran. It's flushing the membrane for the next hour or so. My float valves should be arriving today. If they do, I'll get them set up on my containers and I'll be good to go!

This is after I got it out of the box.

Whats the gpd rating and how much was it? Im planning on getting one before to long and funds are straight. I do like my BRS reactor though which looks very similar in construction.

Its a BRS 5 Stage Plus System. 75GPD and comes with membrane flush kit, pressure gauge, and Dual TDS meter. $199. They have other systems that are more and less expensive. Seems like a pretty nice system. I unfortunately have pretty low water pressure in my house. Because of that, I need to buy a booster pump. It all starts adding up!

I also received my Pukani rock this morning. I've been working on my scape and think I'm happy with what I did. I guess time will tell...

I also received my Pukani rock this morning. I've been working on my scape and think I'm happy with what I did. I guess time will tell...

The unit sounds like a good deal. Where to you hook it up too in your house? Lets see a pic of thr rock in!

Yeah, I've only heard good things about the BRS systems. One of the nice things about them is the connection options they give you. There a bunch of different ways to connect the system to your house with some that are quick connects and some that are permanent. I went with the permanent connections.

This is the water line going to the system. I connected it to copper pipe that was near the system. Super easy to do.

25.jpg

This is the drain line. I have it connected to the drain of my utility sink. Also very easy.

26.jpg

This is a photo of the back of my aquarium and the room where all the work gets done.

27.jpg

And this is what I have so far for the scape. I tried to have little cave type areas that the fish can swim through. I also tried to leave the top of the rocks semi flat to leave room for corals and for their growth. I feel like the picture doesn't do it justice, but I am definitely open to opinions. I have some more rock that I can work with as well.

28.jpg

Yeah, I've only heard good things about the BRS systems. One of the nice things about them is the connection options they give you. There a bunch of different ways to connect the system to your house with some that are quick connects and some that are permanent. I went with the permanent connections.

This is the water line going to the system. I connected it to copper pipe that was near the system. Super easy to do.

This is the drain line. I have it connected to the drain of my utility sink. Also very easy.

This is a photo of the back of my aquarium and the room where all the work gets done.

And this is what I have so far for the scape. I tried to have little cave type areas that the fish can swim through. I also tried to leave the top of the rocks semi flat to leave room for corals and for their growth. I feel like the picture doesn't do it justice, but I am definitely open to opinions. I have some more rock that I can work with as well.

Looks good. Might be a dumb question cause ive never hooked up a RO unit. Why is it connected to the drain? Shouldnt in drain into a water storage? That sink and 'in-wall' setup looks like it makes things easy!

Looks good. Might be a dumb question cause ive never hooked up a RO unit. Why is it connected to the drain? Shouldnt in drain into a water storage? That sink and 'in-wall' setup looks like it makes things easy!

The drain is waste water. Roughly every 1 gallon of RO/DI water you make you will have 4 gallons of waste water. So you have to have that waste water go somewhere. Some people also store the waste water and use it to water their yard. The waste water is crap water that you don't want to put in your aquarium.

You should youtube BRStv. They have lots of videos on RO systems and setting them up.

The drain is waste water. Roughly every 1 gallon of RO/DI water you make you will have 4 gallons of waste water. So you have to have that waste water go somewhere. Some people also store the waste water and use it to water their yard. The waste water is crap water that you don't want to put in your aquarium.

You should youtube BRStv. They have lots of videos on RO systems and setting them up.

Ok. Thanks, didnt know that.

Received my Tunze ATO tonight and got it set up. It's pretty awesome! I tested it out and it works really nicely.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391653874.492015.jpg

Must all cost a fortune!!! I never thought there would be so much to a saltwater coral tank.... well worth it though :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The truth is...you really don't need all this stuff. You can spend a fortune on a saltwater or freshwater!

I would love to do a coral tank one day they look amazing stick to freshwater for now :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cycle is on. I put about five pounds of trusted live rock on top of my dry rock and added some ammonia. I'll test tonight to check the parameters.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392162133.757762.jpg

Back
Top Bottom