Injured cichlid journal: Abrasions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The wounds seem to be responding well to the large water changes and the double dose of stress coat.

I did another large water change then aded a double dose of stress coat and then dosed some Azithromycin.

Not to mention that you practically stripped your tank to clean it! (Oops...mentioned it!)
I am hoping that he will soon make a complete recovery. It's not a good feeling when you see a beautiful fish with a wound like that. I was having a good look at my big male today and I just love his metallic spots and his wicked trailers.

How is Goldman now? It's been awhile since you updated his progress.

I know I've been a major slacker on posting. I've just kept up with water changes and the wounds are completely closed and continuing to shrink. I fear he'll have scars there for sometime however.

That's a relief. Will he grow new scales eventually? Also Mog, do you have photos of your Thorichthys? I couldn't see any albums in your profile. As these are my favourite genus I would enjoy seeing your gold mixtecos.

I would imagine the scales would eventually grow back yes but I can't say for sure. Here's an older pic of him, I'll have to take some new ones.

img_2601990_0_b2e3a8b4fc1c0df2100d8e0526331af5.jpg

Thanks, he's a stunning boy. I want another Thorichthys species and I'm doing a bit of research on the different species. Yeah, I would love to see a Thorichthys gallery :)

Back
Top Bottom