Is my tank cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

conor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,
I done what you all recommend against and started a cycle with fish (well the water was in the tank for 2+ months but filter only run for a day at the start) i have been doing regular PWC's and checking my parameters every few days at first and weekly for the last few weeks
I had an ammonia spike about 2 weeks ago only went up to 1 and i done some 50% changes and had it down to 0.25 a week ago
I could put this down to an automated feeder that i tried for a while (gone now)
i didn't get time to do many PWC'S this week (maybe 1 × 10%) but i just checked my parameters and
ammonia is 0
Nitrite is 0 (same as b4)
Nitrate is 10 (up from 5 last week)
Ph is 7.2 (stable)
Kh is 35.8 (down from 89)
Gh is 161.1 (same as b4 high)

So all my levels are O.K except for the Gh that i would like to have at 80 but the fish are happy and spawning regularly

Is my cycle finished ?

Some additional information I have some micro indo plants some small grasses and a live driftwood plant that aren't doing well in there and some moss that seems to be ok

looks good, congrats! just be sure to not add fish too quickly, as each time you add fish you are adding another ammonia source that your bacteria colony will need to catch up to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom