Is this overstocked???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
90 gallon tank:
1 bn pleco
1 kribensis
2 german blue rams
7 denison barbs
2 siamese algae eaters
4 angelfish

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

90 gallon tank:
1 bn pleco
1 kribensis
2 german blue rams
7 denison barbs
2 siamese algae eaters
4 angelfish

I wouldn't say so, just pretty up there. Maybe close but not overstocked IMO.
Only thing I'd watch out for is to make sure the Krib don't hurt the Angels and when and/or if the Angels pair off you may want to also watch for potential aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not even close assuming you're up on tank maintanence and its not barren.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

90gallon.?..that is hardly even stocked...you could def. add a couple more Angels!...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not. Even. Close.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could add so many more fish to that tank!

Thank you all for the help!!! Im very glad to hear that i am not overstocked!!!

But why would ya go for mikrogeophagus, I mean they are called mikro. I'd do Geos or gymnos or even a couple severum. Honestly that stock is pretty lame for such a big tank. Srry if this sounds rude just wanna let you know of the potential!

Sent from my fish tank

it looks dark green/brownish.

i've had my tank set up for about 1.5 month, 35gallon tank, 2 powerheads, backpack skimmer, about 20 lb of live rock 2 peppermint shrimp and 9 snails. all is alive still but this stuff scares me and it keeps on growing. i'll do some tests on my water and post a pic later tonight.

thanks

To each there own!!! But can any of those fish even go with my current stock?

But why would ya go for mikrogeophagus, I mean they are called mikro. I'd do Geos or gymnos or even a couple severum. Honestly that stock is pretty lame for such a big tank. Srry if this sounds rude just wanna let you know of the potential!

Sent from my fish tank

A few severums may work, but a 4 ft tank isn't ideal for a group of geos who's smallest species is 8", they are better suited for the 6'+ tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't mix rams and kribs personally (they sound like little street gangs, don't they? Hahaha.), but everyone else is right, you could definitely fit more fish in there. :)

I wouldn't mix rams and kribs personally (they sound like little street gangs, don't they? Hahaha.), but everyone else is right, you could definitely fit more fish in there. :)

Ive had the rams and krib together for a few months now with no problems! !!

Ive had the rams and krib together for a few months now with no problems! !!

It can work but I wouldn't recommend it. More than likely one day you will wake up to find either the rams or kribs dead. While it can work it is not advisable.

90 gallon tank:
1 bn pleco
1 kribensis
2 german blue rams
7 denison barbs
2 siamese algae eaters
4 angelfish

Can i add oto cats to this stock??? Or would they be eaten???

Why do you want to add more Algae eating fish to your tank ?? Between the BN Pleco and the SAEs that's a lot of sucker mouth fish.

Why do you want to add more Algae eating fish to your tank ?? Between the BN Pleco and the SAEs that's a lot of sucker mouth fish.

Bc i like the fish. Its not about the algae!!! That woukd just be a bonus if ever needed.

Bc i like the fish. Its not about the algae!!! That woukd just be a bonus if ever needed.

Well Otos typically NEED soft green Algae to eat at first and I think they'd be out competed in your tank. But I'm not positive. Never attempted to keep 3 diff species of Algae eating fish in one tank.

Well Otos typically NEED soft green Algae to eat at first and I think they'd be out competed in your tank. But I'm not positive. Never attempted to keep 3 diff species of Algae eating fish in one tank.

I agree I don't believe there would be enough of the correct algae or biofilm to sustain all of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom