Ive lost my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
So been a bit concerned that i havent seen my betta since yesterday morning ive had a good look round the tank and hes gone like i never had him any ideas he was in with 6 rummy nose tetra

Did you find him? Inside tank hopefully!

If not, do you have ornaments you can remove? If he is hiding he might be stressed or poorly and need TLC, and worse case scenario if he is dead under an ornament leaving him there will really mess with your tank :-(

Havent found him yet checked all the ornaments hes would be 3 days old i have sand in my tank is it possible that hes hid under the sand

Oh how strange!! If there is no chance he jumped out and down the back of the tank then id be removing all ornaments and doing a thorough search of gravel.

I don't think is normal for betta to bury itself in sand ... But my friend has some and they jump. (Apparently in wild they do this if they get stuck in evaporating puddles) one of his hit the tank lid which was just a loose plastic flap and actually moved it and got out.

If its not in the tank or down the back, then I have no idea! Its not like you have anything in there that will eat it!

Thanks guys im going to give it a day or two just incase then check through the gravel if he has buried himself ill let you know if he reappears

And is that a hang on back filter I see? So its not even like you have sump system he could have had an accident with? :-\

Any chance of getting into that internal filter? My Betta used a 3/8" hose as a water slide once.

From what we could open on the filter he couldnt get in there and he would have to go through the motor

weird. I've lost ghost shrimp, but they're easy to lose.

I have had my fish "disappear" before and eventually I had checked inside my plastic plants and he had gotten himself stuck inside a dense patch so maybe yours is hiding near the base of your tall green plant.

I had that happen too--a betta got stuck in a plastic plant near the bottom and suffocated. That's why I have never bought another plastic plant. It's either silk, cloth, or real. Please let us know when you find him! Poor dear. . .

Hi guys just to let you know we done a whole sweep of the tank gavel ect and opened the and nothing after we put the filter back in ive noticed what looked like fin floating about so im going for the worst outcome and i think the filter got him :'(

Back
Top Bottom