jack dempsey sexing help please!!!!"""!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmbtengnr43

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone I'm pretty experienced in cichlid keeping but this is my first jack. As you already the male and female are very similar. I could vent it to see for sure but I don't want to stress it any more then needed. Its already shy had to feed it blood worms (hikari frozen) just to get it out of its cave haha. Anyways can anyone help sex it its about 6 months old give or take and around 5 inches. Thanks !!

ForumRunner_20130701_111313.jpg

See I thought so to at first but I read males get the black spot towards tail and there dorsal fin has red edge so idk lol

yeah shes beautiful and def my baby girl she always comes up tp the glass when im around lol im a little dissapointed as i was hoping for it to be a male i have a male red jewel a male blood parrot and a male convict also in my 75. so i was hoping it was a male also oh well maybe ill find someone who has a male and trade or go get one and maybe theyll have babies lol. any idea when she will start to nest and drop eggs i know the females get a little fiesty when they do even if they dont have a partner.

yeah shes beautiful and def my baby girl she always comes up tp the glass when im around lol im a little dissapointed as i was hoping for it to be a male i have a male red jewel a male blood parrot and a male convict also in my 75. so i was hoping it was a male also oh well maybe ill find someone who has a male and trade or go get one and maybe theyll have babies lol. any idea when she will start to nest and drop eggs i know the females get a little fiesty when they do even if they dont have a partner.

Usually around the 4-5" mark.

Back
Top Bottom