jbj 28hqi build.... sorta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its the one from purewaterclub.com thats on dozens of threads. A ro/di should produce zero. Its only 2.5 months old so thats a little disheartening. Replacing the di as well as removing the restrictor should help bring it back down though. The ro membrane is like a bunch of rubber bands stacked together the water pressure forces them apart but not by much. Removing the restrictor allows the sediment in the membrane to be pushed out. At least thats my understanding of why the flush valve works.

I will be replacing pieces of the unit as time goes on which was my original plan. Spend 60 to get in the game and improve later. It could be that i have no way to secure my resin tube to be vertical, it just rests agaist the wall and has fallen to be horizontal more than once.

I think I got that one too. Mine has been 1 ppm since day one. Checked last night just for giggles. How many ppm is too much though?

Kinda up to you... Anything higher than zero and you dont have full control as to whats in your tank. Most things wont harm much such as silicates (which allow diatom blossoms), and some are problematic such as phosphates others could kill fish such as chloramines or copper. While our readings are still low we just dont know what it is thats sneaking through. Ive tested my water for chlorine and copper, both neg. Im sure there are others that could cause harm but it appears to be nothing that i can test for.

Do you know what your water pressure is? I know mines low but dont have a number. ordered a gauge and booster tonight.

Can you turn it down? Im pretty sure 80 is the max,for most membranes. It could be that youre pushing some through.

i think i have an answer on what to use to attach my rocks together. Its not going to be all of them, but airline tubing! itll flex a little if i need to bend them to get out of the tank is readily available and very cheap. now im stoked!

so the lfs (with high sg levels) had a coral beauty and a fire shrimp today... oh how i wish i had time to set up my qt a few days ago!!!

well i bought it... didnt even have enough sw made up to fill my qt becuase i did a pwc this afternoon.

but i think itll make acclimation go faster... match my parameters to the stores crappy water at half a tank then add ro water to get where it should be over the next several days. for whatever reason they have their salinity at 1.035 craziness, i had them pull out about 9 dead fish... but they started a 7 day return policy, and i have a qt to stop anything from getting to my dt so... i feel much better buying from them with their new policy.

ok... well i wasnt meaning the fire shrimp i got the coral beauty! and it is just that.... when i was there earlier it looked to be alot more blue than when i went back to get it.

The store also had a ton of blue reef chromis and a squareback anthias- their selection was quite nice today!

Very pretty fish! Crazy that they have blue reef chromis over there, they come from the caribbean. lol

yeah 3 of them were dead in tank though, so it was apparently a rough shipment. they had probably close to 150 of them though.

it was pretty nice of the fish to pose like that huh?

Back
Top Bottom