Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, there horrible pictures. I gotta get better shots and hopefully things are opened more today. I'll check when I get home.

Convict2161 said:
Some more pics.

Looking good brother. Now I wanna get something small for my sons room. Those are some nice looking corals too. I cant wait to get my order but it might have to wait a week cause I am not going to be here next week to get the package and they already had to delay shipping due to no pistol shrimp. Keep the pics coming.

22engine said:
Looking good brother. Now I wanna get something small for my sons room. Those are some nice looking corals too. I cant wait to get my order but it might have to wait a week cause I am not going to be here next week to get the package and they already had to delay shipping due to no pistol shrimp. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks! Yeah I'm waiting for the same. Get a little 8 gallon for his room. I bet he'd love it!

The fish store in Yonkers NY had some nice zoa colony rocks like yours, they were REALLY nice!! The cheapest one was 120!!! Yeah ok!! It was a tri color rock covered but I couldn't see spending that went for 80 bucks I got 6 frags.

Last edited:
Nice tank convict. Did you keep the stock light that came with this system? If so, how good does the light work in providing adequate light for the corals?

I bought the Aqueon evolve 8 which is a similar system to yours except the stock light that came with mine doesn't seem adequate for any corals other than some softies and low light mushrooms.

Hey convict, really interested in you're write up about the par38. I have been considering one or two for my 14g tank. I am worried about either frying or not enough light for my corals. Wish it was dimmable.

Readingexcalibur said:
Hey convict, really interested in you're write up about the par38. I have been considering one or two for my 14g tank. I am worried about either frying or not enough light for my corals. Wish it was dimmable.

I'll let ya know what I think and post pics. I know they do make a dimmable one from another company but I wasn't gonna spend the money.

That's the thing I like about the jbj it's dimmable and it's white to match the tank :)

Par38 comes in tomorrow.

Huffers said:
Nice tank convict. Did you keep the stock light that came with this system? If so, how good does the light work in providing adequate light for the corals?

I bought the Aqueon evolve 8 which is a similar system to yours except the stock light that came with mine doesn't seem adequate for any corals other than some softies and low light mushrooms.

Stock light until tomorrow when I switch to a Par38 tri color LED light. I'm not a fan of the stock light from innovative marine, I don't care what they say. Also I like more of a blue sheen to my saltwater tanks and this is more white.

That is a nice torch, hopefully under the new light it will really pop. I actually have the same color torch but a 5 head. I love flowy coral!!!!!

I'm not feeling this new light TBO... Seems like the red is way overpowering the entire tank. What do you think? I'm gonna try the jbj one. seems way too much for this little 8 gallon. The colors of the corals appear to be washing out under these light. Nice shimmer effect but the tank looks red.

image-3757055542.jpg

image-3090244924.jpg

image-3418462567.jpg

image-418808998.jpg

image-4123040207.jpg

Corals look ok...but your tank is pink...i'd try the jbj and see how it is. O just started fiddling w/ my radions settings and stumbled upon the 'red menace' as well. I love the blue look.

Sniperhank said:
Corals look ok...but your tank is pink...i'd try the jbj and see how it is. O just started fiddling w/ my radions settings and stumbled upon the 'red menace' as well. I love the blue look.

Yeah I like blue look better myself. This light just makes the tank look too red/pink not natural at all. Going back, jbj ordered.

Back
Top Bottom