Just starting a new 20g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Timer is very important. Cant run light 24/7. Not good for algae. Need get a timer asap
Ahh I see. Yeah, i thought it might be the lights. I felt it and it was hot. How long usually, like 5-6 hours? Also I do have algae in the tank

I cant remember your fixture. But I usually start as 6 move up little by little.

I thought I sent ya to seachem site. Those will work for you. They are a good starting point to learn about nutrients. Theres a program on thier site for reference. I use thier products.

Pps pro and EI you can look at it you wanna mix and customize your own.

Research NilocG I really like their products. Just ordered the liquid (macros and micros in two separate 500ml bottles) 1 pump per 10 gal, also have a product called thrive where it's all in one bottle.

Research NilocG I really like their products. Just ordered the liquid (macros and micros in two separate 500ml bottles) 1 pump per 10 gal, also have a product called thrive where it's all in one bottle.
Yep theres a couple of thier users here. Looks like a good product but ive never used them. Also a thrive S for shrimp.

I'll keep you informed, gonna start a thread on my 75 with its use. Like seachem's flexibility but didn't want to buy so many different bottles. Didn't want macros and micros together though.

I cant remember if its TMaier or Autumnsky but one of them is a big fan

Plants are melting and I see some diatoms
1. Fix photo period 6 hrs right now. You need timer.
2. Tooth brush, algae scrapper, cotton ball can scrub off diatoms do this with weekly 50 pwc
3. Get fluval edge prefilter for intake or something
4. Use your vaccum to clean up debris on sand. Hover over top. Did you get fish? You said you were are you over feeding?
5. Add black foam board background
6. More plants
7. Snails ?

Plants are melting and I see some diatoms
1. Fix photo period 6 hrs right now. You need timer.
2. Tooth brush, algae scrapper, cotton ball can scrub off diatoms do this with weekly 50 pwc
3. Get fluval edge prefilter for intake or something
4. Use your vaccum to clean up debris on sand. Hover over top. Did you get fish? You said you were are you over feeding?
5. Add black foam board background
6. More plants
7. Snails ?
1. What are diatoms?
2. I have no fish inside.
3. I cant seem to find snails in any petstores

Back
Top Bottom