Kingkoopas Mr aqua 17.1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Day 44

Moved a big rock out to give me more real estate for plants got some limnophila hippiods(something like that:) coming in Tom an added some hydro sp Japan to the tank

My dwarf baby tears started turning brown an stunted growth then I realized my co2 was fluctuating so fixed that hopefully it grows back again or I will buy some more IMG_20170430_133717.jpg

Limnophila needs high lighting so make sure u crank that light up ;) I've got some coming this week also :) I've just amped up to 140 par at substrate

Wow tanks really starting to come together nicely , the growth showing as it evolves awesome . the assortment of plants with the overall layout really catches the eye ,

Wow tanks really starting to come together nicely , the growth showing as it evolves awesome . the assortment of plants with the overall layout really catches the eye ,
Thanks bud I can't wait til it really feels in

Got the limnophila hippiods man they are really reddish, maroon. They are awesome IMG_20170502_112217.jpgIMG_20170502_112222.jpgIMG_20170502_112229.jpg

Such a cool looking plant :) can't wait to get mine!

Tanks looking good KK, had any issues so far?

Such a cool looking plant :) can't wait to get mine!

Tanks looking good KK, had any issues so far?
I did have a small algae break on the stellatus so it basically melted its coming back though . :) An my dwarf baby tears got some algae to but I found out that my co2 levels were low just not staying consistent so turned it up Abit more got it dialed in an fixed the surface agitation also this I wasn't have proper circulation of co2 an oxygen watched a video from ADU about saying it could cause algae breakout's

Ah good stuff! Yea everything looks healthy and clean! Your using stratum as a substrate arnt u?

Lol still not there yet if I can get this freaking dwarf baby tears to carpet then I'm there lol :)

Are you getting new growth and, if so, are the new leaves a bit larger and do the stems tend to creep along the substrate? From what I've read and seen, it's a healthy sign.
A few months back my tank was fish free so getting a little generous with the CO2 and light (in that order) probably helped get the carpet going. The problem down the road was keeping it in the substrate (probably due to the substrate itself). Also, diligent trimming is needed otherwise the lower portions tend to turn yellow and die from what I've experienced.
You might want to check out Monte Carlo or Glosso as carpet alternatives.

Are you getting new growth and, if so, are the new leaves a bit larger and do the stems tend to creep along the substrate? From what I've read and seen, it's a healthy sign.
A few months back my tank was fish free so getting a little generous with the CO2 and light (in that order) probably helped get the carpet going. The problem down the road was keeping it in the substrate (probably due to the substrate itself). Also, diligent trimming is needed otherwise the lower portions tend to turn yellow and die from what I've experienced.
You might want to check out Monte Carlo or Glosso as carpet alternatives.
Yea I see new growth stems running along the substrate which gives me hope that it's still alive :) if nothing happens with the dbts will try monte carlo iv had glosso and it just grew way to fast constant trimming but thanks for the good info fresh

Day 51
Added 12 pygmy Cory's
50% water change
Still slow growth on the dwarf baby tears I'm not gonna give up on it dwarf baby tears is the one carpet plant I seem to never be able to carpet ?IMG_20170507_204714.jpgIMG_20170507_204654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom