Kingkoopas Mr aqua 17.1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are u running it on the 24/7? I'd say it's most likely a co2 issue then. Is your checker lime all day? Even when lights first turn on?
No which I havedont understand my co2 checker don't turn lime yellow til about 2 hrs with Max light on an no 24/7 mode at all . I turn my co2 on 2 hrs before the lights come on hmmmmmm.....

No which I havedont understand my co2 checker don't turn lime yellow til about 2 hrs with Max light on an no 24/7 mode at all . I turn my co2 on 2 hrs before the lights come on hmmmmmm.....

Yea that's not bad then, your using Ada substrate arnt u? Was the HC grown emersed when u brought it? Or was it submersed?

I have stared at your pics trying to spot your new corys and no luck. Even with bifocals lol.

Which PPS-Pro mixing instructions? They were changed last year for the micros. They now deliver much less I believe.

Which PPS-Pro mixing instructions? They were changed last year for the micros. They now deliver much less I believe.
I had got the mixing instructions from the nilocg website . Let me see if I can find a link

Pics of the fish
Srry they are not so great pictures , no one will sit still long enough but the Otto's :)
Watching a school of 12 pygmy cories is relaxing :) IMG_20170508_183525.jpgIMG_20170508_183608.jpgIMG_20170508_183538.jpg

Lol. They're camera shy. I thought corys glued themselves to the bottom. What are they doing WAY up there.

Lol. They're camera shy. I thought corys glued themselves to the bottom. What are they doing WAY up there.
Lol idk the chili rasboras pygmies an cpds all school together sometime but the cories are all over :)

Jus PPS pro an iron from nilocg not sure Cali gonna look it up the light is the finnex planted plus 24/7 SE

With the one light you are at the minimal for the carpet to be honest. I did the par readings for the finnex 24/7 here. You should look at getting a second light. Browning means it needs more light. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...24-7-planted-par-lux-kelvin-pur-readings.html

I would get a beamswork as a second light. I use the finnex with a dhl with great results. I also did the readings for the beamswork lights. A Finnex 24/7 and beamswork dhl would put you at 100+par at sub. Your dbt would thank you.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...-fspec-dhl-6500k-par-lux-kelvin-pur-data.html

I thought light originally. But I also thought the 24/7 put out more PAR than that!

I think your DBT needs more light intensity too.

When I had only the 24/7 when my 24" high tank was low tech it was fine. It's good for low/medium light plants with a tank as deep as mine. However when I went high tech some of my plants on the very bottom and especially in the corners where the light is hardest to reach would struggle. In the furthest corners only looking at about 30ish par. As soon as I added a second light all plants that struggled at substrate immediately made a comeback. I really like this beamswork dhl 1W 6500k as a second light. This with the finnex I am pushing some serious par and the spread ensures even the furthest corners has good light. I am about 100 par at sub now with 80ish being the furthest corner away. Also what is killer about these beamswork lights is you cannot find a better deal par per $. They really are best bang for buck in my mind. Really having a hard time keeping my plants trimmed now lol.
Beamswork LED 1W 6500K HI Lumen Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant (DHL 48 6500K) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FVNPZN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5rCezb17XZF1Y

Well the risers that came with the 24/7 are pretty high gonna try lower it an see if any changes

With the one light you are at the minimal for the carpet to be honest. I did the par readings for the finnex 24/7 here. You should look at getting a second light. Browning means it needs more light. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...24-7-planted-par-lux-kelvin-pur-readings.html

I would get a beamswork as a second light. I use the finnex with a dhl with great results. I also did the readings for the beamswork lights. A Finnex 24/7 and beamswork dhl would put you at 100+par at sub. Your dbt would thank you.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...-fspec-dhl-6500k-par-lux-kelvin-pur-data.html
So I removed the risers that came with the tank with them on it was 16 to 17 inch from light to lowest part of substrate. Now that I lowered it, now light to lowest part of substrate is now exactly 12 inch so now , from the light to highest part of the substrates is around 10 inches . So I hope this helps, otherwise on the search on Craigslist for new light :) .

What do you all think ?

So I removed the risers that came with the tank with them on it was 16 to 17 inch from light to lowest part of substrate. Now that I lowered it, now light to lowest part of substrate is now exactly 12 inch so now , from the light to highest part of the substrates is around 10 inches . So I hope this helps, otherwise on the search on Craigslist for new light :) .

What do you all think ?

With 10-12 inches from sub to light you should be at 60-70 par so I think you should be good to go now. Much better bro :). If you do end up needing another light I would seriously consider the Beamswork DHL 1W 6500K. Really hard to beat $50-$60 for the light considering the par it puts out.

Back
Top Bottom