Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the new QT up and decided to order fish from LA. Going to do this right. Tired of this ick and issues.

Got the new QT up and decided to order fish from LA. Going to do this right. Tired of this ick and issues.
Its how so many of us learn...Its a kick in the teeth ,but seems like we all have to go through it:(
Just remember the time in QT is nothing compared to the time in your DT ,being a healthy happy fish for years to come(y)
Glad you didn't throw in the towel..

FTMMWS said:
Its how so many of us learn...Its a kick in the teeth ,but seems like we all have to go through it:(
Just remember the time in QT is nothing compared to the time in your DT ,being a healthy happy fish for years to come(y)
Glad you didn't throw in the towel..

Agreed... Wife stood behind and basically said if I walk away, I'm walking away for good. Glad the deal fell through...

Sniperhank said:
Can't wait to see what you have in mind.

Ideas for now:
Yellow bream
Naso blonde tang
Koran angel
Marine betta (my challenge)
Engineer goby.

That's it for the tank. Eel is going to a good home, imma miss him.

Kio707 said:
Ideas for now:
Yellow bream
Naso blonde tang
Koran angel
Marine betta (my challenge)
Engineer goby.

That's it for the tank. Eel is going to a good home, imma miss him.

When do you plan on buying these fish? Remember, dont just buy them because your tank is empty an boring. Wait until everything is under control, no more ich. Good luck!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
When do you plan on buying these fish? Remember, dont just buy them because your tank is empty an boring. Wait until everything is under control, no more ich. Good luck!

All these will be QT'd for 6 weeks before they ever see the DT. DT is still in hypo till may (6 weeks). Not sure when I'll buy them, just know what I wanted.

As far as DT; eel, yellow tang, and goby are good. No spots, eating, and swimming. So they are good with the hypo atleast.

Kio, I have a Naso, and I have to say it is one of my favorite fish. Always in motion. I think you will love it. Good luck with the Marine Beta. A Regal Angel was my challenge (unfortunately, I lost that challenge).

SeanMonster said:
Kio, I have a Naso, and I have to say it is one of my favorite fish. Always in motion. I think you will love it. Good luck with the Marine Beta. A Regal Angel was my challenge (unfortunately, I lost that challenge).

Man, that sucks. It was on my list, but idk, maybe me and regales aren't meant to be...

If you get the bream from LA make sure you get a big one. They send out the tiniest ones and I lost mine a few months after I got him. :-( Just disappeared.....

carey said:
If you get the bream from LA make sure you get a big one. They send out the tiniest ones and I lost mine a few months after I got him. :-( Just disappeared.....

They only have the small one... Says 2 inches...

Gboy66 said:
Are they ordered?

Some. But I now have a 60g imma make into a QT.... They will be in there for 6 weeks. Tank will be outta hypo in May, giving them a place to go when they are done with their 6 weeks.

QT question. Should I put those guys in hypo or let them have a regular salinity?

Kio707 said:
Some. But I now have a 60g imma make into a QT.... They will be in there for 6 weeks. Tank will be outta hypo in May, giving them a place to go when they are done with their 6 weeks.

QT question. Should I put those guys in hypo or let them have a regular salinity?

Regular so that they don't go through the stress of being brought back up to regular salinity. No stress=little to no problems

Ibrahim said:
Regular so that they don't go through the stress of being brought back up to regular salinity. No stress=little to no problems

Thanks.... Just wanted to double tap that idea.

Have you considered treating with copper if there are problems in the QT? It is considered more crude I guess, but it is very very effective.

Also, you'd only want a few fish at a time in case there are problems.. less damage.

scottayy said:
Have you considered treating with copper if there are problems in the QT? It is considered more crude I guess, but it is very very effective.

Also, you'd only want a few fish at a time in case there are problems.. less damage.

Copper scares me lol.... Yeah, lil as possible right now.

Back
Top Bottom