Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool kio. I have a question on qt that I made a thread about but you may know the answer. How are you seeding the qt tank without the ick being carried over? Is the qt in hypo as well?

Hondatek said:
Cool kio. I have a question on qt that I made a thread about but you may know the answer. How are you seeding the qt tank without the ick being carried over? Is the qt in hypo as well?

Took a couple of rubble rock from sump. QT is not in hypo, but if needed, can be in no time due to nothing being in it.

Need advice... My DT is in hypo and having issues. Should I raise the salinity or just do pwc daily. Ammonia is a lil high... About 10. Did a pwc and brought it down a lil. Has yellow tang, watchman goby and eel in it. No signs of ick, just the other issue.

I could be wrong but your beneficial bacteria could be dying due to the extremely low salinity. If brackish water is around 1.015 or lower, you could be looking at a different type of nitrifying bacteria that you don't quite have yet. I had read that the last stage of hypo shouldn't go below 1.009. I'm not an expert in hypo because I have never performed it, but from what I have read this is the best answer I could come up with.

The bacteria tends to go into a dormant state . It can die but I didn't experience that with my tank .

Maybe try another one and see. If it doesn't work maybe move the fish to qt and raise salinity in main tank .

Hondatek said:
Maybe try another one and see. If it doesn't work maybe move the fish to qt and raise salinity in main tank .

+1…………
With ammonia that high, I wouldn't wait to see if another PWC works. I would remove all fish and put into QT and slowly raise the salinity in the DT, ASAP.

QT is at full salinity... May just slowly raise it and see what happens...

Quick update... Tang, Koran, goby, clown, and betta are good. Still in QT and eating fine. I'm about to set up a 60g for a QT and move them over. Of course, no signs of ick in DT... Just debating on whether or not to start putting up the salinity or not... Getting an algae bloom and still having issues with prams.. Think imma just do it.

Kio707 said:
Quick update... Tang, Koran, goby, clown, and betta are good. Still in QT and eating fine. I'm about to set up a 60g for a QT and move them over. Of course, no signs of ick in DT... Just debating on whether or not to start putting up the salinity or not... Getting an algae bloom and still having issues with prams.. Think imma just do it.

Why transfer them over? That might stress them more even though its a bigger tank

If you do raise salinity in the dt I would move the fish to qt personally . It's not like the stress from the move is going to give the fish more ick they allready have it ya know.

Gboy66 said:
Why transfer them over? That might stress them more even though its a bigger tank

Betta and tang aren't small... Kinda crowded...

Hondatek said:
If you do raise salinity in the dt I would move the fish to qt personally . It's not like the stress from the move is going to give the fish more ick they allready have it ya know.

QT is full salinity... Put them in shock..

New guys in QT... Not great pics, best I could get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom