Labs breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol i still dont know if i should strip her. I have lots of hiding spots nd will have plants in it. Can i just leave her in? Will any survive?

You most certainly can! But you're taking a chance. You could end up with all of them or none of them. Look through my album called Skittles, you can see my tank. I've got TONS of hiding spots, but still end up with one maybe two survivors if I don't strip. The best chance you have of keeping babies is to either strip her or put her in a separate tank until she spits them out.

Yea i see wat you mean i think ill leave here nd if i see any fry i'll try and catch them lol that'll be fun)! Hahaha

Personally I've found that I have better luck with the females holding if I move them into a seperate tank, then wait for them to release rather then stripping. I find its less stressful on the female than stripping. That said however, you do have to deal with the whole reintroduction issue when you remove them for a couple weeks.

Lol yeah, tried that too! Hope you have better luck than I did! I tore my tank apart and still couldn't catch the little bugger. Score one for fishie, none for me! lol

Awwww lol well idk i only have 1 rank in the prosses of setting up a 20 gallon but that wont be ready for a while. I supose i could try and catch her and put her in my fish bucket

Wy Renegade said:
Personally I've found that I have better luck with the females holding if I move them into a seperate tank, then wait for them to release rather then stripping. I find its less stressful on the female than stripping. That said however, you do have to deal with the whole reintroduction issue when you remove them for a couple weeks.

I had thought about doing that, but was worried about the reintroduction. Particularly cuz my dom female is VERY dominate.

Awwww lol well idk i only have 1 rank in the prosses of setting up a 20 gallon but that wont be ready for a while. I supose i could try and catch her and put her in my fish bucket

yeah, I always try and have a smaller tank running, then I just do a 100% water change and move the fish at the same time. Don't have to worry about acclimation or water parameter changes that way.

I had thought about doing that, but was worried about the reintroduction. Particularly cuz my dom female is VERY dominate.

reintroduction can be a real bear. I usually try and move about 75% or more of the rock work around so that everyone has to reestablish their territories. Cuts down considerably on the aggression towards the reintroduced female that way.

Ahh good thinkin! Well, I guess what it's gonna come down to is what you're comfy with. Take in all the information and decide what's gonna work best in your situation and go with it. You'll choose what's best, you're already being a good fishie parent just by asking the questions ;-)

Yea right before they breed i changed up the decor so yea my dominant female even scares my male now... Lol

Cichildlife said:
Yea right before they breed i changed up the decor so yea my dominant female even scares my male now... Lol

Lol yeah, like I said, my Juicy (red zebra) terrorizes everyone but Skittles. She knows better than to go for him!

Ahh good thinkin! Well, I guess what it's gonna come down to is what you're comfy with. Take in all the information and decide what's gonna work best in your situation and go with it. You'll choose what's best, you're already being a good fishie parent just by asking the questions ;-)

Indeed, so true. Its all about what works for you. Best of luck with the new fry.

Lol yea prolly doesnt help that i have ghem in a 10g(i know bad me bad) but i was planning on getting rid of them... Then this happened.

Thx nd i cant be there gotta go to moms ugh... Nd ill be gone all weekend monday im going back then wensday im goin back to moms..... So if she spits soon i wont be there for the fry:(

Yep one she spits i'll proll give them either to my friend or to one of my teachers. Better then petco. Nd they have bigger tanks nd thx ill post pics of her when i get back

Anyone have expirence with White labs? Basically elec yellows but white; so would thier breeding size be about the same?!

I never had even heard of one, but when I discovered this little hidden fish store in Pittsburgh, I feel in love. Their perfectly white irradescent bodys contrast so well to the black on their dorsal and pec fins :)

Back
Top Bottom