Labs breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the are non free swimming fry around a week but I'm not sure. I know I've stripped them a week into holding and they had tails and little bodies. My females eat small amounts after they are fry. So if she's still got the pouch give it a few more days and see what's what. Good luck!!

Thx.... Ill try nd get a pics so you have a better idea of what im talking bout.

Its not clear.... But you get the picture.

Attachments

• image-1274563273.png
    image-1274563273.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 59
Hmmm yeah, that's not a very good pic lol. Well, try to get a better pic and hey, time will tell

Again not good but a lil better. Ipod not liking me tonight....

Attachments

• image-3649799656.jpg
    image-3649799656.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 83
It looks like she's still got a little pooch...especially compared to the other one pictured. Try to look in her mouth when she's swimming around, otherwise, give her time and see what developes :-D

Lol forgot pics:

Attachments

• image-1226022928.jpg
    image-1226022928.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2040688058.jpg
    image-2040688058.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 85
I would say yes. It's still early, but I would be hopeful. And you've got some nice lookin labs!!!

Thx nd the male there in the second shot isnt even the dominant male lol:) but im hoping, im guessing theres only one fry.... Maybe 2 if im lucky, though its just a guess with tge size of her pouch lol but like you said.... Only time will tell. But thx for all the help

Yep i love watchin here i just feed them a lil to see if she ate, no but i did get to see in her mouth... Tiny bit but not much...

Lady_Alia said:
It looks like she's still got a little pooch...especially compared to the other one pictured. Try to look in her mouth when she's swimming around, otherwise, give her time and see what developes :-D

I'm gonna be honest....I laughed at that typo out loud.

And if she does have the fry be sure to post pics! I love little fish babies.
Those are beautiful fish

tarpon said:
Okay. How do the eggs/fry get in their mouths??
Does this happen after fertilization?

What happens in the mbuna case is that she picks the eggs up in her mouth and he then fertilizes them when she mistakes his eggspots for eggs ;-) and tries ta pick em up.

Lady_Alia said:
What happens in the mbuna case is that she picks the eggs up in her mouth and he then fertilizes them when she mistakes his eggspots for eggs ;-) and tries ta pick em up.

Whaat? The male tricks her like a pervert?

Back
Top Bottom