lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azure bones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so i got some questions for u lighting gurus out there I now have 4 t5 that are 14 watts each over my 15 gallon tank so I got 3.7 wpg so does this put me in the med to high light range for plants? Also I have 2 6700 k and 2 colormax full spectrum bulbs but have ready availability to blue bulbs or 10000 k bulbs should I be using any special bulb setup?

You're in the med-high, I'd say. :) Might wanna add on CO2 with all that light, will help out with algae destruction and plant growth, consider adding ferts as well.

LemurLad said:
You're in the med-high, I'd say. :) Might wanna add on CO2 with all that light, will help out with algae destruction and plant growth, consider adding ferts as well.

I am running DIY co2 at about 1 bps and I dose flourish

Blue bulbs and 10000K will just make your fish look pretty, without really benefiting the plants. The 6700 k and Colormax should be fine.

Blue bulbs and 10000K will just make your fish look pretty, without really benefiting the plants. The 6700 k and Colormax should be fine.

Agree on the blue actinic bulbs... they will not benefit plants. However, in my experience you can grow plants just fine under a 10000K bulb. Some folks have success even with 12000K bulbs on a planted tank. Personally, for the best looking light in a dual fixture, I like 1 10000K and 1 6500K bulb. It balances the light out a little better, and looks a little brighter/whiter that way.

Did I say 10000K? I meant... Um... 1000... K... Oh Fort, you're the plant guru around here!

LOL not sure about that... but it's all good. To be fair, I think the best for strictly plant growth and health is probably to stick close to 6500K... but to balance aesthetics and utility, I like the combo :)

fort384 said:
LOL not sure about that... but it's all good. To be fair, I think the best for strictly plant growth and health is probably to stick close to 6500K... but to balance aesthetics and utility, I like the combo :)

Ok but I got a quad fixture now currently 2 6700k and 2 full spectrum should I keep the full spectrum?

Back
Top Bottom