Marineland LED Hidden 21"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tharge26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Gang,

Recently purchased a Marineland LED Hidden 21" light for my 30 gallon tank. I really love it so far except for one tinsy bitty problem.

I notice a "spotlight" effect coming from the blue LEDs going into the tank. I can adjust the angle of the light and have tried every angle possible and still cannot get rid of the spotlight effect of the blue LED.

Anyone out there have experience with these lights and what did you do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Hi Gang,

Recently purchased a Marineland LED Hidden 21" light for my 30 gallon tank. I really love it so far except for one tinsy bitty problem.

I notice a "spotlight" effect coming from the blue LEDs going into the tank. I can adjust the angle of the light and have tried every angle possible and still cannot get rid of the spotlight effect of the blue LED.

Anyone out there have experience with these lights and what did you do to solve this problem? Thanks.

With these lights it's something that just happens, when my white lights are on I don't notice it at all but if its just the blue lights it does cast the spotlights, just part of it I guess. Doesn't bother me though, I actually like it

Yeah its not a big problem. Just wondering if there was a solution. Thanks for the input. I still LOVE the lights.

Hi tharge,

I saw this light setup at Petco the other day and it piqued my interest. Would you mind posting a picture of the tank with the tank lights on, but the room lights off?

Thanks,
David

David,

I sure will! I will have to wait till tonight and I'll post pic then, around 7 pm central time.

Hi tharge,

I saw this light setup at Petco the other day and it piqued my interest. Would you mind posting a picture of the tank with the tank lights on, but the room lights off?

Thanks,
David

I second that. I'm wondering what the output is like, and if it can completely replace my T8 tube.

Pics

Hope I uploaded the pics right...

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 108
  • 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 76
I second that. I'm wondering what the output is like, and if it can completely replace my T8 tube.

Depending on what tank you have it could, I'll show pics of mine. It may be able to replace the standard t8s on small tanks, like <29 gallons, larger tanks you would probably need one on the front and one on the back to even it out. It is a great little light though. I use it on my 75, used to use it on my 55, for supplemental light and as a "sunset" mode. Here's some pics. I only have the one because the moonlights from one is perfect for me

Attachments

• image-1217850292.jpg
    image-1217850292.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-780946358.jpg
    image-780946358.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1695028514.jpg
    image-1695028514.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 59
Thanks tharge and zimmanski!

I'm surprised at how bright they light up the tank, although I don't think I would use it for a planted tank. Maybe supplemental lighting...

David

Thanks tharge and zimmanski!

I'm surprised at how bright they light up the tank, although I don't think I would use it for a planted tank. Maybe supplemental lighting...

David

Exactly, I have a dual t5 light that grows my plants, I use the marineland lights because I usually get home after my timers have shut off my main lights and I want to still see my fish without having the algae problems I would if I left the main lights on too long

Back
Top Bottom