Moneywart eaten - down to stalks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

padderson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g planted tank with:
4 guppies
2 flame dwarf gourami
6 neon tetra
4 Cory cats

All my plants seem to be doing well except the moneywart. It's barely stalks now and everyday there is a large part mowed down. I don't think it's the Cory cats as they are new additions and this has been going on a while. My guess are the gourami. Is there anything I can do to save the plant? Is it worth keeping the stalks there? I tried adding some tetra veggie/algae wafers to appease them, but they still seemed to eat the plant and my water ended up all cloudy --I think from the uneaten wafers.

Thx

Once a fish decides a plant is tasty it is just about a lost cause. My mollies eat any water sprite or downii I put in the tank. Once that was gone they started on the ludwigia. They pull up the money wort but do not eat it. I have tried feeding them extra veggies but it didn't help much. Green leafy veggies did work some but you have to keep a constant supply. If they run out they go back to eating the plants. I just keep trying different plants until I find ones they will not eat.

Back
Top Bottom