multiple clowns in 90g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electrikat

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know it's been asked before but here goes. We have a 90g reef and a 20g reef. The 90 has 2 O. clowns with anemone/shrooms(they like both) and the 20g has a maroon clown with 2 rbta's(She likes both). I was thinking about maybe turning the 20g into a fresh planted tank and need to know some opinions or horror stories about anyone who has tried mixing species of clowns in the same tank before. I know the maroon will have a tendency to be aggressive. The 90g is a tall and only 48" long. It will soon have a total of about 200 pounds of live rock and coral skeletons. It will have plenty of places to hide but if it gets bad I may not be able to remove her. Just a thought and all opinions are welcome.

I would definetly keep the 20 gallon up long enough to see what is going to happen. In case you need to swap them quickly. I couldn't tell you for sure what will happen. I figure the maroons will come up on top if SHTF

There might not be much signs of aggression but the stress level can be very high because the territories are very close or overlapping which will stop them from breeding.

I have a 120 and until my clownfish disappeared I had him and a maroon together in there. They didn't even look at each other. Couldn't have cared less and my maroon (sand digging coral nipper that she's become) never bothered him. With enough space to roam I think they'd be fine. Give it a whirl. I agree about leaving the second tank up and running. Luckily enough you're adding the maroon to the Os and not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom