My 125 reef in progress tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, lost my Tribal Blenny this mornin. Not sure why. Gona test the waterin a few. Will post the results. :(

You would be better off drip acclimating, I usually acclimate fish for atleast an hour.

You get a really small siphon tube or just tie knots in a bigger siphon tube so that it goes 2-4 drops a second for a while into a bucket with the bag water already inside it. Then you dump out half of the water when the volumes doubled.

So you dump the fish with the bag water into. Bucket, then drip until the water has doubled, then dump half that water out. Then you add the contents to the tank?

mstrblstr33 said:
So you dump the fish with the bag water into. Bucket, then drip until the water has doubled, then dump half that water out. Then you add the contents to the tank?

Never add any of the water from a bucket or bag where you have acclimated fish,inverts,or corals.Always either transfer by hand or net.You don't want to add trouble to your tank.

Ricksreef said:
Never add any of the water from a bucket or bag where you have acclimated fish,inverts,or corals.Always either transfer by hand or net.You don't want to add trouble to your tank.

Makes sense....

I retested and the ph was still at about 8.0, on both my tanks. I buffed them both to push them back up. Someone recommended running an air line from outside the house to pump fresh air into the tank to keep the ph up.. anyone heard of that before?

Aother question regarding my wavemakers. When I bought them, they were covered in what I am guessing is coraline and general build up. Should I take them out and clean them? If I do, what is the best way?

So I decided to frag some of my colt coral and take it to my lfs for credit only to discover that it is not colt, it is kenya instead. Not important just correcting myself.

Back
Top Bottom