My 20 gallon build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
otos!

picked up two otos for the tank in hopes they would make friends with our pitbull pleco. not sure yet, all i know is that they are going to town on the algae already! and they're adorable :mrgreen:

DSCN3042.JPG

DSCN3076.JPG

updates!

hey all. haven't been around in a while, so i thought i'd toss some pics of the tank your way. everyone is doing great. MTS are taking over a little, so we may be looking in to getting an assassin snail at some point. the two otos have been re-homed to our hex tank with the other 4 that we picked up. they are one happy family now :] our pitbull remains the solitary pleco, but come tax time, we will be putting in an extra effort to get her 2 buddies. in the mean time, the cats have been showing some extra interest in the tank, and little miss pitbull has seemed to take a liking to them. one of our two male cats is constantly sleeping next to or staring into the tank, and since this has been going on, we've been seeing much more of the pleco. she either enjoys their company or is teasing the heck out of them. either way it's adorable.

to the pics!

DSCN4771.JPG

DSCN4775.JPG

aerial view of anubias
DSCN4785.JPG

aerial of java fern
DSCN4786.JPG

you can't really tell here, but on the sand to the right of Jinx (the cat) is Calais (the pitbull pleco). this is in the middle of the day when we would normally never see her, and she is right out in the open on top of the sand, having a staring match with Jinx. of course when i got close than this for a picture, she tweaked out and hid in the back under the sand.
DSCN4852.JPG

Riley, flirting with his girlfriend, the pleco
DSCN4795.JPG

during a water change (the only other time we ever see her)
DSCN4715.JPG

DSCN4718.JPG

All of your tanks look so awesome!!!! I wish mine would perk up :/ lol. I should probably get some lower lighting or something...

thanks so much guys! we're hoping to add some more plants... i'd like to get some moss or something that i can attach to the tall end of the DW to add some height to the scape. i also plan to turn the smallerpiece DW so the larger anubias is towards the middle of the tank and the anubias nana will be at the end. the larger anubias is so huge now, it's being smooshed against the glass. we aslo need to get another black background. we took the other one down because we realized it really didn't look that good :D

moved some things around last night...it feels so much more balanced now. when i pulled up the piece of DW with the 2 anubias' on it, like 3 inches of roots came out of the sand...it was pretty intense :D the crypt wendtii in the back also had like a 6 or 7 inch long route on it. i'm pretty impressed with the growth of the plants considering my lighting is <1wpg.

DSCN5071.JPG

side shot...this is the biggest piece of crypt wendtii
DSCN5075.JPG

the little pieces of wendtii, in front of the anubias'
DSCN5080.JPG

DSCN5082.JPG

anubias'
DSCN5086.JPG

baby snails!!!
DSCN5085.JPG

Back
Top Bottom