My 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Started fish shopping. So far on my possible fish I might get are a deep water coral beauty, 6 line wrasse, purple basslet, damsel fish, or banggai cardinal. Also my acan has another head so I'm at 7 heads for a coral I got a little over a year ago, and my Duncan has 5 tiny heads.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Started fish shopping. So far on my possible fish I might get are a deep water coral beauty, 6 line wrasse, purple basslet, damsel fish, or banggai cardinal. Also my acan has another head so I'm at 7 heads for a coral I got a little over a year ago, and my Duncan has 5 tiny heads.

I've had a six line for about 2-3 years, they are super active and beautiful just be warned they can have a temperament. It holds its own against my mates clowns and puts my purple firefish in place if it starts to act up (which it does for some odd reason, it's super aggressive? Like only to my orange fire fish though) though they are super active, even though tiny, they roam all around my 75g. I had him first in a 10g and I'm so happy I upgraded. So I don't really know if a 6 line would be the best fit
Avoid damsel fish at all cost, they are demons. Coral beauty would get to large for your tank sadly, the min for them is 55g.
Have you looked and any of the watch man gobies? I think a goby would be best as they don't really need a lot of room and allow your clowns more swimming a re so they are less likely to fight new comers. (To be warned they prob will fight new comers, I had to keep my clowns in the sump for a month in order to introduce my fire fish in

Ok so I'll probably go six line then but I have room for a max of 3 more since I lost my male clownfish. You guys have any suggestions for fish that are fine with a aggressive female clown fish.
And about the gobies unless there is a way I don't have to feed them twice a day there sort of off the board beast.
Remember my tank stocking is right now
1 female clownfish
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp
1Zebra hermit crab
Corals-Duncan, acan, frogspawn, Florida recordia, zoas.

I would get another clown but I don't know how my female would react to him. She is not the nicest of fish. And yes I have looked at gobies but the hole feeding twice a day seems a little hard to do especially if I'm out of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the advice guys I just don't know what to do. I see pictures of people with angles in there tanks even my lfs says I could get one. All the fish that are intresting are to big and all the unattractive fish are the size I can get. I'll figure something out.

There's tons of attractive smaller fish. What about a Midas blenny? How about a snowflake or Picasso clown? A royal gramma or black cap Basslett would work.

A clown would be nice, though I don't know how putting one with my aggressive female might end. I will sure get a six line. So If I can't get a big enough clown to be safe with my female I have 2 other fish I could get. What are your favorite reef fish for a nano tank. I like the royal gramma idea.

A clown would be nice, though I don't know how putting one with my aggressive female might end. I will sure get a six line. So If I can't get a big enough clown to be safe with my female I have 2 other fish I could get. What are your favorite reef fish for a nano tank. I like the royal gramma idea.

Actually if you get a clown the same size or larger, there would be fight. I mean they would fight any clown but because the dominant clown is female, they would fight to settle that. Truth fully, if you want more fish I would look for a fish that doesn't need a lot of swimming room

Yah that's my thoughts, right now i plan on getting a 6 line and a basslet. I still have room for one more fish though, so I will do some looking around.

Good to know, so I'll get a basslet and some other fish wait a couple weeks to a month and then add a six line.

So I'll try and get a royal gramma this weekend, and a six line last, I need one more pretty and active fish to add. Also should add my tank is a open top if that has any importance.

Never mind I think I'll just wait a couple weeks and do fish later. Corals are good, Duncan has many new heads growing. Acan has a small baby head growing. My frogspawn split into 3 heads now. And my zoas are starting to open back up after being shocked by low salinity.

New fish

6 line wrasse and cloris wrasse
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476564647.500850.jpg

I know cloris get big but I have a friend who will take him once he gets to big.

Nice, watch the sixline though, they've been know not to play well with other wrasses. I really want a coris so bad, but unless I can find a decent size one, it's out.

My six line is really friendly, he does not bother anyone so far. My coris has gone into hiding. I started digging for him but stopped after reading it will stress him out. And yes a yellow coris is a beautiful fish, so is the six line.
Edit-saw sand moving so I found him.

I think I did see him flashing his colors, it looked really cool. I'm leaving my tank top open though because it helps with lighting and oxygen exchange. I know there are many people who are going to yell at me for this but hey it's my tank, though I do leave the water level low so it helps a little bit (little over 2 inch between the water line and the top of the tank). Fish jumping is nothing new to me, I have had fish that were classified as jumpers but they never did.

Back
Top Bottom