My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today the water parameters have not moved,
Ammonia 4.0 ppm
Nitrite. 0 ppm
Nitrate. 0ppm

Water parameters from yesterday,
Ammonia. 4.0
Nitrite. 0
Nitrate. 0

This is really odd. By now, your Ammonia should have been decreasing? It could be that this ones just extra slow, but ya I'd say the pace is rather unusual.

Sent from my iPod touch using the AA app :)

Water parameters are THE SAME.,
Ammonia. 4.0
Nitrite. 0
Nitrate. 0
Thinking about adding some of that biozyme. To get the cycle started.

It takes time. I'd let it continue by itself, but that's just my opinion. Did you have material from an already cycled tank? That would be a jumpstarter. I know my tank was stuck in neutral till I threw in a cycles filter and substrate, cycled in about a week.
I've also heard that stuff is hit and miss anyway.

This is my first saltwater tank, so no, I can't use any cycled materials. No live rock either.

It goes to 8.0 ppm for ammonia. So that can't be it. Im beginning to think biozyme is the only way to get it kick started. And I mean it can't do any harm.

melosu58 said:
I fed mine frozen mysis shrimp so they actually will eat frozen. Might not all but most will IME.
A lot of seahorses eat frozen foods, but when I said that I ment dwarf seahorses in particular won't accept frozen foods, sorry for the confusion.

Just to be clear, you're still doing PWC's every day after you got your ammonia right...?

You can't just wait for the ammonia to magically turn into nitrites... I'm pretty sure cycling MEANS daily water changes until you get the proper parameters.

You can't just wait for the ammonia to magically turn into nitrites... I'm pretty sure cycling MEANS daily water changes until you get the proper parameters.

You don't have to do that during fishless cycling unless your ammonia is TOO high. And if it stays stalled much longer a small PWC might help.

No. I said it was at 4.0 ppm, and my test kit goes up to 8.0 ppm. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

He said it's 4. Which is recommended for fishless cycling.

Edit: Just saw your post.

Back
Top Bottom