my 55 gallon freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartmyed9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally have a successfully cycled tank and have had this tank for about 4 months now

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110929_182702.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110929_182702.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 282
Great!
currently I have this stocked in my tank
7 jumbo neon tetra
7 neon glofish
1 algae eater
2 Dalmatian mollies
2 tuxedo guppies
1 "tiger stripe " guppy
I am currently starting to plant this tank. Ill post pics when I finish today.

great! im glad things are going well, the 1st post was like nearly 3 weeks ago and anything can happen!
i had loads of tiger stripe guppies! started with one, but they kept breeding ha. even a few females had faint tail stripes!
how big are the jumbo neon tetra? x

This is some plants I've added in the last week or so. I've got a tall tank and only one flouresent aquarium bulb so I'm hoping I can get floor coverage from what I've bought. Also bought some Aqueon Aquarium Plant Food today as well as the lil swordtail plants.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111018_162210.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111018_162210.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 188
wow!!! where did the tall yellow one go? xx
iv got a very healthy if a bit algaed unknown plant and i gve it no plant food. but i assume u have a lot of them in there?

Its plastic. The yellow one was. So was the solid green one with red bulbs. The short solid green ones all in the front are real. I moved the yellow one behind the coral.

I kept it actually. I put it in behind my coral reef. I like it there cause it adds a little corner for my tetras to hide. They like to hide when I'm not in the room.

Yea they will hang behind or near the bottom of my tank as long as I'm not in the room. If I walk in they swarm around wherever I'm standing. I also have 7 neon glofish, 2 Dalmatian mollies, 2 tuxedo guppies and a tiger guppy and a algae eater. I'm pretty much stocked I believe. Now I'm working on stocking plants in the substrate. Maybe getting a quarantine tank in the near future. Also I have around 4 ghost shrimp with plans to get around 10 more ghost shrimp.

Added a black towel on the back of my tank to simulate the all black aquarium background they sell at petsmart. What y'all think? I like it. It adds a dark / bright contrast. I just have the towels there to see how it'd look. My next lfs visit will have to include a background

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111019_165637.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111019_165637.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 123
iheartmyed9 said:
Added a black towel on the back of my tank to simulate the all black aquarium background they sell at petsmart. What y'all think? I like it. It adds a dark / bright contrast. I just have the towels there to see how it'd look. My next lfs visit will have to include a background

Nice. U can do that with black poster paper from cvs. That's wat I did for my 2.5 gal

I bet its a way cheaper option too. They want 26 dollars for black plastic at petsmart. I think ill be getting posterboard

iheartmyed9 said:
I bet its a way cheaper option too. They want 26 dollars for black plastic at petsmart. I think ill be getting posterboard

Ya. I has blue behind my ten gal and it's pretty kool

Back
Top Bottom