My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CorallineAlgae said:
That's an amazing hammer! You have to be kidding, 25 bucks.

I know and thanks. Yes. You can see in the pic two of the heads are just purple and the other eight are kryptonite hammer. The guy also threw in a two head piece that I am adding to my three headed colony. He wanted 55 for the entire colony which was 25 heads.

Convict2161 said:
Looking forward to it

Ok all. I am re homing my fire fish once I can actually catch it. The poor guy is getting picked on by my blue dot pistol. Snapped half his tail off already and there is no way I can catch it without taking all the rock out. Also added seven heads of candy cane. They aren't open yet. Only been in an hour. I also decided to bite the bullet and I got a Pygmy Dwarf Angel. He was with corals already and didn't bother them so I'm hoping it will work. If not there is always the 50 gallon waiting to be set up in the basement.

image-2197833995.jpg

image-2219977824.jpg

image-2428382245.jpg

22engine said:
Ok all. I am re homing my fire fish once I can actually catch it. The poor guy is getting picked on by my blue dot pistol. Snapped half his tail off already and there is no way I can catch it without taking all the rock out. Also added seven heads of candy cane. They aren't open yet. Only been in an hour. I also decided to bite the bullet and I got a Pygmy Dwarf Angel. He was with corals already and didn't bother them so I'm hoping it will work. If not there is always the 50 gallon waiting to be set up in the basement.

He's getting picked on by the bullseye pistol shrimp?

Sharkbait54 said:
He's getting picked on by the bullseye pistol shrimp?

Yes. It's a big shrimp and the fire fish usually sleeps on the sand

Convict2161 said:
Oh man that stinks!! I love fire fish! Sorry brother.

I like him to but I don't want him to lose the rest of his tail and not be able to swim. Maybe he just got to close to his burrow and it was a defensive thing. Will have to watch.

Well the Pygmy Angel didn't make it for some reason. Can't get to him were it is but I can see my black dotted pistol shrimp going to town. Hopefully it doesn't cause any problems. Will have to test tomorrow. Everything else is fine.

22engine said:
Well the Pygmy Angel didn't make it for some reason. Can't get to him were it is but I can see my black dotted pistol shrimp going to town. Hopefully it doesn't cause any problems. Will have to test tomorrow. Everything else is fine.

Eh it was worth a try.

Exactly what angel was it?

22engine said:

Is there any way to get him out of the tank? The decay may cause other problems like an algae bloom or worse. It may not, but it's probably worth the work to transfer him to the porcelain tank. >_<

CorallineAlgae said:
Is there any way to get him out of the tank? The decay may cause other problems like an algae bloom or worse. It may not, but it's probably worth the work to transfer him to the porcelain tank. >_<

As of right now no I can't. I want to but I would have to take a lot of rock work out to get the where the pistol has it.

22engine said:
As of right now no I can't. I want to but I would have to take a lot of rock work out to get the where the pistol has it.

I've been in that situation once. Sometimes it's like that. Can't be helped then. Many shops don't orffer a guarantee on saltwater fish anyway. Hopefully things will go well from here onward. :)

Not having a good week and don't know what the issue is. All levels are fine. They are all at zero and I lost three fish for no apparent reason. First was the Pygmy Angel, then my citron goby went missing and last night my fire fish died. The only one benefiting from all this is my blue spot pistol who pulls them into his den and eats them.

22engine said:
Not having a good week and don't know what the issue is. All levels are fine. They are all at zero and I lost three fish for no apparent reason. First was the Pygmy Angel, then my citron goby went missing and last night my fire fish died. The only one benefiting from all this is my blue spot pistol who pulls them into his den and eats them.

Hmmm.... Is there a parasite in the tank? Fungus? Bacteria? If all levels are good then... We have to start looking elsewhere. How's your salinity? Temp? Did you have any drastic salinity or pH swings? Temp has been good?

So you lost 3 fish over the weekend? That's fast.

Wish I had answers for ya brother all I can offer is support, suggestions and well... Just being here along the way.

Back
Top Bottom