My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks sweet. I am going to grab it just haven't had time. Those are some big shrooms in the back. Holy crap. I want I get some Duncan's too

22engine said:
Looks sweet. I am going to grab it just haven't had time. Those are some big shrooms in the back. Holy crap. I want I get some Duncan's too

Thanks! Yeah those mushroom have really taken off the last few days! Crazy!

Convict2161 said:
Thanks! Yeah those mushroom have really taken off the last few days! Crazy!

Sorry inbox was full cleaned it out

22engine said:
Had to move my toadstool think its head got to big to the stock and it was leaning over. So I move its base lower in a cave and it seems happy. Opened right back up. Haven't done a FTS in awhile so here ya go.

Have you ever considered taking some cuttings from the cap? I used to frag my toadstools like crazy. Yours is so huge it almost looks like an umbrella leather!

CorallineAlgae said:
Have you ever considered taking some cuttings from the cap? I used to frag my toadstools like crazy. Yours is so huge it almost looks like an umbrella leather!

I have thought about it. Just don't want to right now. I am sure at some point I will have too lol. I wanna set up a bigger tank eventually so we will see. I know they heal quick but it looks so nice I don't wanna cut it up. It took a month for it to shed a bunch of times and fully extend its polyps.

22engine said:
I have thought about it. Just don't want to right now. I am sure at some point I will have too lol. I wanna set up a bigger tank eventually so we will see. I know they heal quick but it looks so nice I don't wanna cut it up. It took a month for it to shed a bunch of times and fully extend its polyps.

I remember when you were posting about that. :)

I understand what you mean. It took me months of consideration and study before I was willing to cut up my first toadstool and I only did it because I had two of the same ones in the tank (had a back-up). That was around 1998 and there wasn't much known about it back then so everything felt so risky.

Well. After another water change the other day and adding in some carbon. Everything is looking good and the rest of my fish are out and about and eating so lets hope the small epidemic of fish death is over. Must say tanks looks better than ever and the water is clearer.

22engine said:
Well. After another water change the other day and adding in some carbon. Everything is looking good and the rest of my fish are out and about and eating so lets hope the small epidemic of fish death is over. Must say tanks looks better than ever and the water is clearer.

Good news!!

Convict2161 said:
Good news!!

Yes finally. Not sure what the culprit was though. My only guess is some sort of parasite or something along those lines

22engine said:
Yes finally. Not sure what the culprit was though. My only guess is some sort of parasite or something along those lines

Could have been. Lets just hope whatever it was is now gone, with the water changes you've done I'm sure things will settle down now.

Good stuff bro! Tank is looking good btw...

Convict2161 said:
Could have been. Lets just hope whatever it was is now gone, with the water changes you've done I'm sure things will settle down now.

Good stuff bro! Tank is looking good btw...

It's getting there. Not up to your quality yet. Slowed down on my purchases lately. Heater has to go in. I'm at work on a triple of course but the wife texted me and said the temp was down to 73.4 this mourning. It will go up during the day but that's all I need it big swings. Ofcourse tonight is suppose to be 28 degrees and I'm at work so I told her to keep the windows closed and hope it makes it.

Got my cardinal a mate today. Acclimating now. Kinda of a big guy lol. Pics to come

Convict2161 said:
Nice! Standing by for pics!

Can't believe how big he is now that he is in the tank. Holy cow. They are swimming together already though.

image-3050229316.jpg

image-1840774010.jpg

On a different note. The nem is gone. Everyday he was looking worse and worse and had his mouth wide open and string stuff coming out constantly. It's everywhere in the tank so I took it out before it caused problems. Hope my maroon doesn't freak out now

Awesome tank, hope I can get mine looking as sick as that one 22! Keep waiting to come home from work a see some type of major problem, but so far so good.

22engine said:
Can't believe how big he is now that he is in the tank. Holy cow. They are swimming together already though.

That's a big guy!!! Kinda dwarfs the other one. Lol. Happy they're getting along great, though. That's sweet!!

Back
Top Bottom