My cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well If the general conses is that he wasn't insulting me I can accept that especially from an unbiased reader. So I am sorry I took it that way.

It just drives me nuts when you see from 10 people saying it cant be done and nobody explains why or how they know that. Freakgecko91 is the first person on this whole thread to give specific examples of why it shouldn't be done, Thank you again. I disagree but no need to open it up again.

The funny thing is I don't even mix my tanks as stated before.

Lol, I actually admire your determination though and youre right, asking for reasons why is definitely the way to do it.
In all honesty i could see your thought process. If you chose the right species of cichlids, for africans maybe not lake malawi but one of the lakes with lower ph and hardness, balanced food, then why not right.

I can also see it was more of an investigation rather than statements for the fact you dont mix and like to make a point of the fact that you dont mix. It was actually a good debate until the bitter taste rose up.

Lol, I actually admire your determination though and youre right, asking for reasons why is definitely the way to do it.
In all honesty i could see your thought process. If you chose the right species of cichlids, for africans maybe not lake malawi but one of the lakes with lower ph and hardness, balanced food, then why not right.

I can also see it was more of an investigation rather than statements for the fact you dont mix and like to make a point of the fact that you dont mix. It was actually a good debate until the bitter taste rose up.

Well said. We can all be friends now ;) lol

Whoops, I've got a 90G that has some Africans with a breeding pair of convicts. But the convicts keep entirely to themselves and just chase off my red zebra or yellow lab when he&she get curious. Never lost a fish from it, although maybe it's the size of the tank. My ph is around 7.5 and I feed a diet ranging from algae wafers to hikari pellets.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just posting the fact that success can be had, and even though I wouldn't put the two together in my future tanks, it's not a fatal mistake for the fish- for smart fishkeepers that is.

I only asked for input from as many sources and opinions as possible, glad you all have an opinion either positive or negative. I know I should not have put them together but just appreciate the appearance of the fish and so far all seem to get on well, unsure as to why but seems to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom