My Convicts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So wait, there is one convict left in the tank and now you are keeping an angel with it? This is not a combination that will work in the long term IMO.

i agree i don't see how that will work long term i think the angel will die eventually. convicts live up to there name. IMO

That one is definitely male.

Is this fish living with the angel? Seriously, that won't last long.

once again i agree there is a reason that its going crazy it can kill the angel when it wants unless they are in a different tank

They seem to get along. The first two died but these guys are perfectly healthy! :D I was wondering if someone would help me sex them. :)

Attachments

• image-3575103765.jpg
    image-3575103765.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2181090112.jpg
    image-2181090112.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-270367272.jpg
    image-270367272.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 49
convicts will sex themselves. if they feel comfortable and you have both sexes - they will breed - end of story. They are somewhat sexually dimorphic, but many a female will have impressive filaments on her dorsal and ventral fins. Females tend to be a bit more colorful - but given the ages that convicts have been bred in farms around the world - and considering geographic variants if you are lucky enough to get some wild ones or F1 types, it's a crap shoot. As with all cichlids that aren't all that sexually dimorphic, it's always a good idea to get about 6 and let the law of averages get you a member of each sex.

I suggest just watching them and letting nature take its course. Feed 'em, change 1/4-1/2 the water every week, throw in a clay flowerpot or two on their sides, see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom