My cory cats are dying :(help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just started using seachem prime before I was using stress coat

Sent from my C6606 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've read that black ghost fish can be aggressive to smaller fish- maybe that's the cause?

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah but I've never seen him come out only for feeding I did catch him and one of my bumblebee fighting over a cave though so maybe

The barbs on their mouths look fine the gravel is smooth but I'm planning on switching to sand. No it didn't look anything like hole in the head the cory actually looked like something.had attacked it. I just had a balloon molly die about two hours ago D:
I'm starting to.think it just might be the fishes I did get them recently at petco/smart I'm thinking if it had something to do with water chemistry then my clown loaches would have been the first to go

Not true! Ime clown loaches are incredibly hardy as long as they don't catch ich !

God ****it I just had 4 more mollies die and a panda Cory and my Albino looks like he's about to kick the bucket wth. Is it really the fish or do I have a bacteria fungus whatever breakout its starting to get extremely stressful and not just for the fish

Are you seeing sores or red patches on the dead ones? Can u post pics of the dead ones? When did u last add new fish?

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Last time I added a fish would be last week

The other mollies were flushed but one of the ballon mollies lost their.orange.color and.turnt a bit white

Attachments

• 1411449692333.jpg
    1411449692333.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 54
Flat white patches could be Columnaris. I'm grateful you don't have red hemoraging patches. I think possibly treat for Columnaris.

Someone more advanced than me can look at your remaining stock and advise the correct med.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

I agree with the immediate pwc's to get your nitrates down and keep them down. 40-80 is high. It's very possible that your cories from the box store brought something into the tank, but in lack of a diagnosis, clean water is going to give your fish the best fighting chance to beat whatever is ailing them until/if you figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ive been doing frequent water. Changes but the nitrates won't go down my tap water nitrate is at 0

How large of water changes are you doing, and what are you parameters currently? Your nitrates really need to come down. That will help with the fish's immune system.
I am honestly not sure what you have going on, but getting the water params good is a good start. You may end up having to do an antibiotic treatment though.

Ammonia zero
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40-80
Ph 7-8

Ok, glad it is only your nitrates that are high. For now, I would just keep doing large pwc. But, 30% is not really enough in this case. I suggest doing several at least 50% changes to get your numbers lower.

How long have you had the cories? Both cories and mollies are somewhat sensitive to nitrates. I have definitely mollies have issues at 80 nitrates before, and cories too especially if the gravel has not been thoroughly vacuumed. It might be that something came in on your new fish though, but I am not entirely sure what. Would you be able to give us a more detailed rundown of how long you have fish, when you added more, when deaths started happened, and circumstances around the deaths?

Back
Top Bottom