My first nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molson_28

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm looking into getting a nano reef tank and I thought I would ask if you guys can help me out. What kind on lighting, best tank size etc.... Any info is much appreciated. Thanks

Congratulations! I have just got my first nano as well, I love my larger tank so much I wanted a small version in my office. I really am liking my Nano-Cube in 28gallon. It has basically everything I need and even has a water jet timer to simulate 'currents' in the water.

I really like the nano cube, do you have any pictures of yours? It pretty much comes with everything right?

My first tank. The bio cube 14. Great tank. Easy to operate and maintain with regular water changes. Stock lighting will work well most easy to care for corals. I upgraded mine after about six months. I also added the protein skimmer. It's said you don't need it, but It cleans a lot of scum out of mine so I think it works well.

image-2760016081.jpg

image-2914573607.jpg

image-310369932.jpg

It basically came with everything but the heater, sand, water, and rock lol. I do have a few pictures of mine but I don't have access to it right now. Will say the only thing that is mildly unlike able is the two plastic rods that they have (one on each side of the tank) that acts like a method to prop up the hood. They don't feel the most sturdy, but I go gentle with them and they've been fine so far.

Wow tank looks amazing and thanks for all the info. I go shopping tomorrow ?.

I want to put one just in my computer desk. How big should I go??

I would say that depends on how much space you have on your desk and also how much weight your desk can handle, keep in mind that the aquarium plus sand, rock, and water will weigh quite a bit. :)

Definitely find out how much weight the desk can handle! Nano reefs are definitely cool though, they allow you to keep livestock you'd never be able to find in a larger tank. Here's my 20g high

image-1000263087.jpg

Beautiful tank :). Ya I think I'm just gonna get the stand. No point in risking anything. Thanks for all the advice.

Good luck and definitely post some pictures when you get it! :)

This is a picture of my nano when I had first set it up. :)

Attachments

• image-3107433131.jpg
    image-3107433131.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom