My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whenever I feed frozen food, I always target feed the corals and nems first. The fish get the left overs. LOL Something tells me they are not starving. :) I figure if the corals don't want it, they wont eat it. If they do want it, well then they must like it. Am I wrong???? LOL

As for your nem splitting, I agree with Carey. Being happy or sad they can split. Mine Rose was getting huge all of the sudden. It was taking over the tank. Then it got very punny for about a week. Next thing I know, I had two. :) Over course now my Green has decide he likes to explore. Never stays in one part of the tank for more than a day or two.

Lol. Here's some teaser pics. Kinda easy I think...

img_1916454_0_d3d112635562e3a72000384dff8143eb.jpg

img_1916454_1_a11b351acb14f1c8ecfed657a92ece68.jpg

Flame scallops are nice!! I am always amazed how they move around the tank without legs or flexible body.

What is the other addition?

I have never heard of that one. It looks really nice. Thats small-over half a foot? Your tank must be amazing.

RJT said:
I have never heard of that one. It looks really nice. Thats small-over half a foot? Your tank must be amazing.

Yeah. That's a small. The species lives to about 35 years and can get over 2 ft across

Lol. Thanks! The research on the basket star was hard to find. But I think I'm prepared for him!

Alright.... So I am just now subscribing! I'm new to the saltwater side of the hobby and as a result I have been reading tons of builds (big and small!!!) and now I've found yours!!!!

Given that I've had to go back to the start of the build I missed out on a lot of awesome photos. Would you mind adding a few FTS so we can see where you are at now? I would really appreciate it.

And from what I've seen of the tank... it is smashing!

Kio707 said:
Very nice.. You need good lighting for the scallop and star?

The star likes to hide during the day. Mostly a night owl. The scallops are non-photosynthetic and just eat phyto as well

Back
Top Bottom