My New 29 Gallon Oceanic Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update!
Ok so today i got another Ocellaris Clownfish and the two already are best friends:) and i also got 10 Hermit Crabs 5 Snails and 1 Peppermint Shrimp:) also on Wednesday im getting a Naked Clownfish and that will be my last fish for this tank. Ill try to post videos soon.

Very nice (y) Do you have any ideas on what corals you want? I also noticed you don't have a powerhead and would recommend one on the opposite side of the tank from the output nozzle just so you know that both sides are getting enough water current to stir things up.

Very nice (y) Do you have any ideas on what corals you want? I also noticed you don't have a powerhead and would recommend one on the opposite side of the tank from the output nozzle just so you know that both sides are getting enough water current to stir things up.
Thanks:) Im gonna get some mushrooms to start with and i have a powerhead so ill put it in there thanks

I would not add another clownfish. The pair you already have will not like any other clownfish in such a small tank. There will be fights.

austinsdad said:
I would not add another clownfish. The pair you already have will not like any other clownfish in such a small tank. There will be fights.

Well my LFS owner doesn't think there will be any problems but I'll ask him about it. Thanks for your advice:)

I'd also advise against adding a 3rd clown, only asking for trouble. And the naked ones seem so delicate! lol

Check at your LFS and see if he doesn't have something else, he is looking for a sale so if you want oblige him, just not with another clown. :)

carey said:
I'd also advise against adding a 3rd clown, only asking for trouble. And the naked ones seem so delicate! lol

Check at your LFS and see if he doesn't have something else, he is looking for a sale so if you want oblige him, just not with another clown. :)

Haha ya but I really don't think he's looking for a sale because I literally tried to buy a fish that is more expensive for this tank and he would not sell me it and it's happened multiple times he is completely trustworthy. But I will look into it I really like the naked clown but I'll ask him about it. Thanks for yalls advice:)

austinsdad said:
Anyone telling you it's OK to add another clown has to have a motive I'd question. Either that, or he's totally uninformed.

Well today I've learned lots. I talked to my LFS owner and he has multiple tanks that he has with multiple different clownfish in them and these are his personal tanks and he told me they all get along(and yes one of tees tanks is actually in his store) and then he told multiple stories of his buddies with their clownfish and other fish. Basically it comes down to experience with fish. So I got the naked clown got him home acclimated him and guess what:) everyone's happy and swimming with each other no one is fighting. So I appreciate yalls advice but I'm just telling you don't be afraid to put more than two clownfish in your tank. Ok so this tank is done with getting so now I'm gonna start adding corals I'm starting with mushrooms. And now I'm making plans to get a 75 gallon tank. So that's my update.

LOL, you are fine now. I had two pairs of clowns in my 125g for a few months and then the trouble began. Just take my advice and watch them. Some people do the multiple clowns and have no issues but the majority do have problems at some point.

We just wanted you to be aware is all. I wouldnt do it again and I;m talking from actual experience. :)

Good luck and those naked clowns are awesome!!!

I just ordered 2 new b&w clowns for my cube, they are coming tomorrow! So very excited!

Haha I know you guys were just trying to help. I was just defending my fish guy lol. And awesome! If I get a 75 gallon I'm gonna get a pair of b&w clownfish for it:) have fun with yours:)

The clown fish are most likely to chase other fish if they wonder into their territory, because your tank is quite small it is hard for the damsel not to, by mistake, invade the clown fishes territory.

Getting a platinum clownfish Wednesday and a 75 Gallon tank too!:D so excited! Gonna quarantine the clownfish awhile though

KeeperOfFish said:
Getting a platinum clownfish Wednesday and a 75 Gallon tank too!:D so excited! Gonna quarantine the clownfish awhile though

The platinum is a great fish!

So here's what gonna go all up in this tank...
1 Platinum Clownfish
1 B&W Clownfish
1 Longnose Butterflyfish
1 Orange Potted Prawn Goby
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Red Stripe Angelfish
1 Spotted Bristletooth Tang
And then of course the clean up crew...
Hermit Crabs
Snails
2 Peppermint Shrimp (I like them)
You guys like?