My Plecosamus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I want to keep my fishie mine! Gosh darn it! Not happy now :(
I'm sorry :( I understand how disappointed you are. It will be so happy to have a tank large enough for it though. If you don't know anyone with a large tank, maybe you can find a nice mom & pop fish shop that you can trust to find it a good home. If you do set up something like a 30 gal, you could get one of the smaller plecos.

I don't have anywhere else to put him though, and I refuse to give him to a store, espically petco or petsmart, I might give him to petland, but I need to be sure that they're local breeders and keep their fish tanks healthy. I that doesn't work, I'm totally screwed!!!

siva said:
I'm sorry :( I understand how disappointed you are. It will be so happy to have a tank large enough for it though. If you don't know anyone with a large tank, maybe you can find a nice mom & pop fish shop that you can trust to find it a good home. If you do set up something like a 30 gal, you could get one of the smaller plecos.

You may even be able to find a mom and pop store with a big display tank they could put him in if they can't rehome him so you could at least visit him. Either option is better than letting him suffer, though.

I don't think there any mom&pop fish stores near me for him to live at, though I would accept that if they promise to keep him as a non sellable to just be a cleaner for the tanks. But where am I supposed to find a local breeder that'll be nice like that?

siva said:
I'm sorry, but I really don't think that's the right attitude. As large as possible, if only a 30 gal, is simply not good enough for a common pleco.

Im just pretty sympathetic withthe OP..and i think that oscar could last another couple months in a tank 3 times its current size.

I totally agree, that plecos overall need larger tanks, better filtration, and more water in general.

I love the display tank idea!!! That would be so great! But still the problem sits: where am I going to find a mom&pop fish shop?

Do online searches for pet stores in your area, first of all. If you can find one, feel free to send me your zip code and I will tell you the closest one.

I think looking for a breeder is barking up the wrong tree. Breeders aren't in the business of tanking fish for adoption, nor are they typically any part of the fish shop operation. You want to find a shop that will inform their customers how large this fish get and what size tank it needs.

Neither did I, but does anyone know of one that will stay healthy in a 10g? If I'm going to put him elsewhere, I need a replacement at least. (still don't want to replace him though, but I will if I must)

Okay I get your vibe, breeders is a no no. My zip code is 85747 (Tucson, AZ) and out of plain curiosity, what's yours?

Nope. They're aren't any sucker fish I could recommend for a 10 gal. A nerite snail or two makes a great algae eater for a 10 gal though, as well as dwarf shrimp like red cherry shrimp.

What other fish are in the tank?

Mine is 97471

How big of a space do you have to put the tank in, and may i ask whats your budget? Ill search craigslist for ya

What city and state? ^^ oh and 3 guppies (1 male 2 female), 1 cory, 3 neon tetras, and my pleco! One of my females is expecting, and came here from the pet store like that, so I'm excited to see what colors come out of it ^^

I'd like to keep my budget $20-30. Is that asking too much? I really appreciate your help guys!

My space is probly enough to fit it next to the door, I think I'll have room, but I'll need the dimensions of the tank first ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom