Need a little help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone -- I did a 20% water change last night, but did not feed. Did, however, feed a small amount this morning. Will check water parameters when I get home from work and will not feed tonight. If parameters still up, will do another water change from the bottom of the tank.

Thanks for the Kent Zoe and Garlic Guard info - I will definitely try this ---- anything to keep my valentini puffer eating like a *horse* to keep him away from my shrimp!!!! :p

Karen

Okay, went home last night and my *so nice, non-aggressive, docile, will be fine with shrimp* valentini puffer killed and tore apart my 2 shrimp in the tank.... So much for taking the advice of 1 store that sold me the puffer and the 2 shrimp (and 3 other stores chiming in that valentini's are the ONLY puffer you can put safely with shrimp because the valentini is so docile).... Very sad that I didn't investigate this myself first... cuz I believe those fish stores are only in it to *sell* fish, whereas I was truly distressed and cried at the loss of my 2 shrimp... :eek:(

Karen

Yeah. I remember. 4 stores. A rule I go by is that ANY fish with teeth come with the ability to eat shrimp and other inverts. I'm sure there may be some exceptions. Dunno.

Sorry you had to go thru that experience. But with it, I hope you learned a valuable lesson about listening to lfs staff and not researching it yourself. We've all been there to some extent, but not making the same mistake again is the key. :)

DEFINITELY learned that lesson... from here on out, I am researching and asking for advice on a forum! :p I now believe that those stores are only in it to sell their merchandise, and I will need to do my OWN research first and not take their word on anything. Sad that there aren't places (at least around me) that I can believe any more. I have found a fish compatibility guide and will use it when deciding on the next fish I purchase! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom