New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTA's are really cool, I also like the carpeting nems.

Edit: As for corals, the euphyllia family has some nice specimens, but I don't see myself getting any for my setup.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added about 10lbs of live sand last night!

Attachments

• 1391731345795.jpg
    1391731345795.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 88
I've never looked at carpeting nems. Maybe something to consider! I'm down to the final choices for lights! Extremely excited because I'll finally get to get some corals!

You should definitely look into them. What are your lighting choices? I do plan on upgrading, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to get. And thanks, I think everything's coming together pretty well.

Right on. I was considering those as well, though I'd probably go with the full spectrum. I like the extra colors.

Hmm.. I'll have to look into that.

You cant go wrong with the blue and white fixture. :) I've bought about 6 of these fixtures and only one was full spectrum and I just dont like the purple hue it has in the tank, makes things look fuzzy in my opinion. lol

I just bought an orbit led fixture too, it seems really bright, I only intend on softies and lps, maybe an rbta, we'll have to see. The options on the orbit are very cool though, even the lightening storms. :)

Yeah! We were debating over it too. All I want to keep is LPS and Softies and maybe a BTA. Just the .25 watt LEDS threw me off. Although when you look at there par rating through the chart, it says it can grow SPS at the top of 24" tank.

I'd say it's very few sps that can be grown under the orbits. BUT I may only want some very simple sps like a monti or stunner chalice which I think if placed high enough up would be fine. The .25 w leds arent ideal, but I gotta say the fixture puts out a decent amount of light.

Its over my 40b right now, I got the 36"-48" one to ensure I got as much light as possible. I currently have the controller setup and nothing in the tank. LOL Its just running through its cycle in my garage. hehe I am drilling the tank today so I expect to have water in it by Monday and corals a few days later. I will be sure to let everyone know how well they perform. I'm actually thinking I will have ti use the coral acclimation setting at first due to how bright they are.

A new LFS just opened up near me! They are four times the size of the one I usually go too. I went in once while they where still building but they were only selling water. They have no finished and I'm going to go later today. Excited to see what they have. I'm low on funds though ($100) :(. Maybe they'll have something nice! I might have to put a hold on the lights and keep it at FOWLR for a little while. I guess that's okay though.

Glad to hear some more good news about the Orbit, especially from a more experienced reef keeper. Thanks for sharing, Carey. I'm looking forward to your update.

Mac, that's great, what did you end up getting? I think I'll be going fowlr for a while as well. Money is tight right now and I don't know when I'll be able to get new lights.

Back
Top Bottom