New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome. Im going to my lfs later today and was hoping to pick up some kind of goby/blenny as well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just got back. Didn't get any fish though. Saw a really nice blue dot jawfish, but I can't afford to be spending money on fish like that yet. I need to do something about my lights first.

The fish mysteriously died today. No signs of stress, was eating well, all parameters are in check, no predators for him. I have no idea on what could have happened. R.I.P little guy.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Losing fish always sucks. I hope you're able to figure out what happened.

I'm absolutely pissed right now. Since the Snadhopper Blenny died, I called and asked to see if we could get store credit. They said yes, but they required to test your water first. Knowing nothing was wrong with my water after testing it, I brought in a water sample. One of the workers told be my Nitrates were at 30!!! He said they couldn't refund anything over 10. I said that that wasn't possible, because it said 0 on mine, and he asked what test kits I used. I said API test strips. He told me my things were wrong and to get better ones. To ensure my tank wouldn't have any big issues like that, I went and bought Red Sea test kits knowing that they are better then API, meaning more accurate and reliable. As soon as I got home, I tested the tank for nitrates. And what a surprise my nitrates were at 0. I lost $21 dollars and great fish because of them. I can assure you I am NEVER going back to that place.

Sorry man, I don't know what to tell ya.. The test strips are crap, so I'm glad you picked up a liquid kit. I have always used the API drops and have never had a problem. If you are getting different readings than your lfs, something is definitely wrong. Could you bring your own test to the store and have them compare?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah we did. The owner said that ours was probably right because the ones they have are really old. I went back yesterday, and the girl we originally talked to was there, she says that employee is unreliable and stupid. She tested our water again and said it was fine, just like my readings. She also credited me for a new fish. I got a blue dotted watchman goby. He is always hiding in a rock though.

Glad you got that sorted. Post a pic, if you get the chance.

I'd like to put a background on my tank today, but I can't decide on a color. My first pick was black, but I also like the blue. What does everyone think?

Attachments

• 1392682398925.jpg
    1392682398925.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 1392682411716.jpg
    1392682411716.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 82
I still haven't decided, but thanks. Do you think the blue looks bad or is black just your preference? I agree that with the black, the other colors will stand out, but I feel like the blue helps tie things together. I don't know what to do!

Back
Top Bottom